From: philo on
On 06/03/2010 05:54 AM, Sweetie via WindowsKB.com wrote:

> I am still able to get online w/out the USB. Everthing is hooked up, double
> checked everything the USB light is off, yet I'm still able to get online.
> I'm new to these machines, I don't Understand. Somebody Please Help

even though it seemed like a dumb post at first

I realized it was pretty smart.

You posted that you can get on-line...

that was wise

If you had a problem and could *not* get on-line
then you would not have been able to post at all...

so it was indeed wise of you to report that you are having no problems.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Sweetie via WindowsKB.com wrote:
> Yes I do I have a DSL modem box w/2 cables ( blue & yellow ) & a
> phone cord. As I said before Bob had cleared things up for me; I
> got excited ( worry ). I got myself all worked up for nothing witch
> was good. :)

The point of my response was not to provide you with the answer - anyone can
see you think you have gotten what you want (
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware/browse_frm/thread/162e851fdf6fb93d )
.. The point was to encourage you to (in the future) give more details when
you ask such questions and to be more careful when doing so.

Often times people will skip over posts such as your original without any
second thought due to the lack of details, errors, etc. An extra few
minutes verifying you have told people all you can and checking for errors
in the post itself can make all the difference in the answers you receive
(or don't receive.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> Yes I do I have a DSL modem box w/2 cables ( blue & yellow ) & a
>> phone cord. As I said before Bob had cleared things up for me; I
>> got excited ( worry ). I got myself all worked up for nothing witch
>> was good. :)
>
>The point of my response was not to provide you with the answer - anyone can
>see you think you have gotten what you want (
>http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware/browse_frm/thread/162e851fdf6fb93d )
>. The point was to encourage you to (in the future) give more details when
>you ask such questions and to be more careful when doing so.
>
>Often times people will skip over posts such as your original without any
>second thought due to the lack of details, errors, etc. An extra few
>minutes verifying you have told people all you can and checking for errors
>in the post itself can make all the difference in the answers you receive
>(or don't receive.)

I was a bit " Confused "; now my Wires are uncrossed.

--
Currently Lost in The World of Computers

~ Sweetie ~

From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
No Mo wrote:
>Were you born a Hooplehead or did you just recently convert to one?
>
>: >Hooplehead Alert.
>: >
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>: