From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
I am still able to get online w/out the USB. Everthing is hooked up, double
checked everything the USB light is off, yet I'm still able to get online.
I'm new to these machines, I don't Understand. Somebody Please Help

--
Currently Lost in The World of Computers

~ Sweetie ~

From: Bob I on
What does USB (universal serial bus) light have to do with getting on
line, and why are you concerned? I would worry more about NOT getting on
line! Doesn't sound like you have a problem at all. If it is learning
about your new computer, have you considered reading the user guide that
came with it?

From: No Mo on
Hooplehead Alert.

"Sweetie via WindowsKB.com" <u59250(a)uwe> wrote in message
:I am still able to get online w/out the USB. Everthing is hooked up, double
: checked everything the USB light is off, yet I'm still able to get online.
: I'm new to these machines, I don't Understand. Somebody Please Help
:
: --
: Currently Lost in The World of Computers
:
: ~ Sweetie ~
:
: Message posted via WindowsKB.com
: http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-xp-hardware/201006/1
:

From: Paul on
Sweetie via WindowsKB.com wrote:
> I am still able to get online w/out the USB. Everthing is hooked up, double
> checked everything the USB light is off, yet I'm still able to get online.
> I'm new to these machines, I don't Understand. Somebody Please Help

Sweetie, imagine we're thousands of miles away from you. Well, we are.

We can't see your computer. We don't know what brand and model number
of computer you've got.

We also cannot see any external boxes that are connected to your computer,
what the brand name and model number is printed on those boxes.

If you expect help, please provide more information about the
things in front of you. If there is a cable leading from your
computer, to some other box of equipment, then tell us about it.

If you need assistance identifying the equipment, take the invoice
that came in the box, and read off the names of the things there.
That should help you, to better describe your equipment.

We're not mind readers...

Paul
From: Sweetie via WindowsKB.com on
Bob I wrote:
>What does USB (universal serial bus) light have to do with getting on
>line, and why are you concerned? I would worry more about NOT getting on
>line! Doesn't sound like you have a problem at all. If it is learning
>about your new computer, have you considered reading the user guide that
>came with it?
>
>> I am still able to get online w/out the USB. Everthing is hooked up, double
>> checked everything the USB light is off, yet I'm still able to get online.
>> I'm new to these machines, I don't Understand. Somebody Please Help

I thought on the box ( usb ) they were all to be on. This is why I was
concerned. Is way I was able to get online cause I didn't understand why.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, I'm more at ease now. I do have plenty
to learn about my computer. Thanks Again! :)