From: Hashem E.Zahran. Hashem on

Dear TechTeam,
I've purchased a new Maxtor Sata 160GB H.D.D. and installed in on the SATA3
controller, when trying to install the operating system on this h.d.d it
gives me an error that says windows can not detect any hard disk drives
connected to your system. I took that HDD and install it into a different
machine, and it works normally and i was able to install OS on it. when i get
it back again to my machine it still gives me the same error. I've only a
Sony CD-Writer installed as my Primary Master Drive on IDE1, and this new HDD
installed on the Sata Connector. When i started the installed system on this
machine i got a windows stop error with the following parameters:
*** STOP: 0x7000007B (0xF7AF4524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I installed another HDD on the same system and i was able to install OS on
it, so i connected my new HDD back again and still got the same error, both
HDD was Maxtor Sata 160GB.
I've searched all microsoft Tech support sites and still unable to reach a
solution for this problem, it takes me 6 working days till now and i can not
find a suitable solution, so i hope that i can find an answer to my query in
here, believing that you will help me figuring it out.

Regards,
Hashem E.Zahran.
From: Hashem E.Zahran. on
Sorry the error code is

*** STOP: 0x7000007B (0xF7AF4524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

From: Hashem E.Zahran. on
EDIT:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7AF4524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
From: nass on

"Hashem E.Zahran." wrote:

> Dear TechTeam,
> I've purchased a new Maxtor Sata 160GB H.D.D. and installed in on the SATA3
> controller, when trying to install the operating system on this h.d.d it
> gives me an error that says windows can not detect any hard disk drives
> connected to your system. I took that HDD and install it into a different
> machine, and it works normally and i was able to install OS on it. when i get
> it back again to my machine it still gives me the same error. I've only a
> Sony CD-Writer installed as my Primary Master Drive on IDE1, and this new HDD
> installed on the Sata Connector. When i started the installed system on this
> machine i got a windows stop error with the following parameters:
> *** STOP: 0x7000007B (0xF7AF4524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
> I installed another HDD on the same system and i was able to install OS on
> it, so i connected my new HDD back again and still got the same error, both
> HDD was Maxtor Sata 160GB.
> I've searched all microsoft Tech support sites and still unable to reach a
> solution for this problem, it takes me 6 working days till now and i can not
> find a suitable solution, so i hope that i can find an answer to my query in
> here, believing that you will help me figuring it out.
>
> Regards,
> Hashem E.Zahran.

Hi Hashem,
Try to make sure the Jumbers set right on the HDD and the same settings as
the Old HDD.
Did you press F6 to install the Drivers need for the Motherboard, like the
Miniport as highlighted in the MS KB article here:
Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103
"STOP 0x0000007B" error message when you restart your Windows XP-based
computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316401
How To Install and Troubleshoot Serial ATA (SATA) Hard Drives
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=install-troubleshoot-sata-non-mac&vgnextoid=2b089d2c3c90e010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
Slide show of installing SATA to your Computer:
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=SATA_Slideshow&vgnextoid=b2ded20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
HTH.
nass
----
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
From: Anna on

"nass" <nass(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Hashem,
> Try to make sure the Jumbers set right on the HDD and the same settings as
> the Old HDD.
> Did you press F6 to install the Drivers need for the Motherboard, like the
> Miniport as highlighted in the MS KB article here:
> Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103
> "STOP 0x0000007B" error message when you restart your Windows XP-based
> computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316401
> How To Install and Troubleshoot Serial ATA (SATA) Hard Drives
> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=install-troubleshoot-sata-non-mac&vgnextoid=2b089d2c3c90e010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
> Slide show of installing SATA to your Computer:
> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=SATA_Slideshow&vgnextoid=b2ded20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
> HTH.
> nass
> ----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Hashem:
It wouldn't appear this is an issue involving installing an auxiliary SATA
controller driver (the F6 process) since you've indicated you were able to
install another SATA HDD (identical to the "problem" one) in your system and
the system detected the drive and you were able to install the XP OS onto
that HDD. I'm assuming, of course, that during the OS installation process
involving that latter drive you were *not* required to install an auxiliary
SATA controller driver through the F6 process, i.e., the system detected the
HDD without any intervention on your part. So, I'm assuming your motherboard
(and you should always mention the make/model of your MB in cases like this)
contains an integrated SATA controller driver.

We'll also assume the "problem" HDD is non-defective since you indicate you
were able to install the XP OS onto that disk when connected to another
system.

You indicated that you've connected the HDD to your motherboard's SATA3
connector. Is there any reason why you haven't connected it to the first
SATA connector - the one designated SATA0 or SATA1? Have you tried
connecting that disk to another SATA connector on your motherboard? And
ensure your connections are secure.

You've indicated that you were able to install the OS onto another SATA HDD
in your system. So what happens when you connect the "problem" HDD as a
*secondary* HDD in the system when you boot? Does the system recognize the
secondary HDD in that situation?
Anna