From: Ant on
On 3/6/2010 11:58 AM PT, Yousuf Khan typed:

>>> You might want to turn on core dump saves on the machine, if you haven't
>>> already done so.
>>
>> How do I enable core dumps saves for kernel panics?
>
> This might be a little old, or not entirely relevant to your distro.
>
> HOWTO enable core-dumps - LinuxReviews - Mozilla Firefox
> chrome://browser/content/browser.xul

Uhhh, Chrome?
--
"If someone makes you angry, I think the thing to do is tie them down to
the ground, cover them in honey, and then release a swarm of killer ants
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
From: Yousuf Khan on
Ant wrote:
> On 3/6/2010 11:58 AM PT, Yousuf Khan typed:

>>> How do I enable core dumps saves for kernel panics?
>>
>> This might be a little old, or not entirely relevant to your distro.
>>
>> HOWTO enable core-dumps - LinuxReviews - Mozilla Firefox
>> chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
>
> Uhhh, Chrome?

Sorry, the Firefox add-on I use to copy link referrals sometimes screws
up, haven't figured out why or when.

HOWTO enable core-dumps - LinuxReviews
http://en.linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_enable_core-dumps

Yousuf Khan
From: Pascal Hambourg on
Rod Speed a �crit :
> Pascal Hambourg wrote
>
>> Aren't pending sectors sectors waiting to be remapped because of read errors ?
>
> Thats not the same thing as unreadable sectors.

Aren't pending sectors unreadable, because of read errors ?
From: Ant on
On 3/7/2010 12:47 AM PT, Yousuf Khan typed:

> HOWTO enable core-dumps - LinuxReviews
> http://en.linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_enable_core-dumps

Thanks. Isn't this for program crashes, not kernel panics? I wonder why
it was removed because I used to see those core files from crashes.
--
"We may have no malevolent intentions toward an ant heap, but if we want
to build a house on the same site..." --Rendezvous With Rama
From: Yousuf Khan on
Ant wrote:
> On 3/7/2010 12:47 AM PT, Yousuf Khan typed:
>
>> HOWTO enable core-dumps - LinuxReviews
>> http://en.linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_enable_core-dumps
>
> Thanks. Isn't this for program crashes, not kernel panics? I wonder why
> it was removed because I used to see those core files from crashes.

You may want to ask in a Linux newsgroup for more details.

Yousuf Khan