From: "Michael Johnson" on
On 10/15/06, martinko <gamato(a)pobox.sk> wrote:
> [...]
> > jylefort and marcus have completed work on a port of HAL to FreeBSD. This
> > will allow FreeBSD to take advantage of closer hardware interaction such
> > as auto-mounting CD-ROMs, USB drives, and music players; auto-playing
> > audio CDs; and managing laptop power consumption.
> >

> Hello and thanks for your hard work!
>
> I've been using WITH_GECKO=seamonkey (and WITH_MOZILLA=seamonkey) and
> now when trying to install new Gnome (after uninstalling nearly
> everything) I've got the following error message from yelp installation:
>
> checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
> checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
> checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> checking for gecko version... 1.8
> configure: error: seamonkey is not supported
> ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
> "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
> problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
> solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
> gnome(a)FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
> "/usr/ports/x11/yelp/work/yelp-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of the
> failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might be a
> good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
> (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
> copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
> with
> the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
> (gnome(a)FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
> usually discarded by the mailing list software.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall.3919.0 env make reinstall
> ** Fix the installation problem and try again.
> ---> Installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
> 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:04:15)
> ---> Fresh installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
> 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:05:26)
> ---> ** Install tasks 1: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 372 packages
> found (-0 +1) . done]
> ---> Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> ! x11/gnome2-lite (install error)
> ---> Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
> ---> Session ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:24:57 +0200 (consumed 00:06:22)
>
> I cannot see a reason why seamonkey wouldn't be supported (and it's

I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
yelp.

> Cheers,
>
> Martin
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:42:41 -0400, Michael Johnson wrote
> On 10/15/06, martinko <gamato(a)pobox.sk> wrote:
> >
> > Hello and thanks for your hard work!
> >
> > I've been using WITH_GECKO=seamonkey (and WITH_MOZILLA=seamonkey) and
> > now when trying to install new Gnome (after uninstalling nearly
> > everything) I've got the following error message from yelp installation:
> >
> > checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
> > checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
> > checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
> > checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> > checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> > checking for gecko version... 1.8
> > configure: error: seamonkey is not supported
> > ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> > Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
> > "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
> > problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
> > solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
> > gnome(a)FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
> > "/usr/ports/x11/yelp/work/yelp-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of the
> > failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might be a
> > good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
> > (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
> > copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
> > with
> > the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
> > (gnome(a)FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
> > usually discarded by the mailing list software.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/yelp.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2-lite.
> > ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> > /tmp/portinstall.3919.0 env make reinstall
> > ** Fix the installation problem and try again.
> > ---> Installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
> > 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:04:15)
> > ---> Fresh installation of x11/gnome2-lite ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006
> > 00:24:55 +0200 (consumed 00:05:26)
> > ---> ** Install tasks 1: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
> > [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 372 packages
> > found (-0 +1) . done]
> > ---> Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> > ! x11/gnome2-lite (install error)
> > ---> Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
> > ---> Session ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:24:57 +0200 (consumed 00:06:22)
> >
> > I cannot see a reason why seamonkey wouldn't be supported (and it's
> > listed in yelp/Makefile).
> > Could you please check and fix this ?
> >

> I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
> yelp.

Hi,

May I ask you to check whether it could possibly (be made to) work pls ?
(for I don't feel like installing another browser only for yelp to work.
actually i wouldn't have moved from old gnome if i had known this.)

Many thanks!

Martin

--=-s89wIa2nWupWgALrqj34

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 05:42 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> The FreeBSD GNOME Team is proud to announce that GNOME 2.16.1 has been
> imported into the ports tree in time for FreeBSD 6.2. =20

Has anyone succeeded in compiling Metacity 2.16.3 with
--enable-compositor? From the looks of it, it should find all the
required extensions in /usr/X11R6/libdata/pkconfig. The only one missing
appears to be cm.pc, the info for a composite manager. Any idea on how
to pound Metacity in shape such that it supports real transparency?

Regards,
Frank

--=-s89wIa2nWupWgALrqj34

--=-s89wIa2nWupWgALrqj34--

From: martinko on
mato wrote:
> [...]
>>> [Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 372 packages
>>> found (-0 +1) . done]
>>> ---> Listing the results (+:done / -:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>>> ! x11/gnome2-lite (install error)
>>> ---> Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
>>> ---> Session ended at: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:24:57 +0200 (consumed 00:06:22)
>>>
>>> I cannot see a reason why seamonkey wouldn't be supported (and it's
>>> listed in yelp/Makefile).
>>> Could you please check and fix this ?
>>>

>> I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
>> yelp.
>>

> Hi,
>
> May I ask you to check whether it could possibly (be made to) work pls ?
> (for I don't feel like installing another browser only for yelp to work.
> actually i wouldn't have moved from old gnome if i had known this.)

Hello guys,

Yet another issue discovered, now with epiphany:

[...]

epiphany is using seamonkey for gecko support, but you can
change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:

firefox
mozilla
seamonkey
firefox-devel
xulrunner

[...]

checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
checking for gecko version... 1.8
configure: error: "mozilla" flavoured geckos aren't tasty enough!
===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome(a)FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of
the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome(a)FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portinstall.2355.0 env make
** Fix the problem and try again.

martinko wrote:
> mato wrote:

>>> I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
>>> yelp.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> May I ask you to check whether it could possibly (be made to) work pls ?
>> (for I don't feel like installing another browser only for yelp to work.
>> actually i wouldn't have moved from old gnome if i had known this.)
>>
>> Many thanks!
>>
>> Martin
>>

> Hello guys,
>
> Yet another issue discovered, now with epiphany:
>
> [...]
>
> epiphany is using seamonkey for gecko support, but you can
> change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:
>
> firefox
> mozilla
> seamonkey
> firefox-devel
> xulrunner
>
> [...]
>
> checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
> checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
> checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> checking for gecko version... 1.8
> configure: error: "mozilla" flavoured geckos aren't tasty enough!
> ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
> "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
> problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
> solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
> gnome(a)FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
> "/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of
> the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
> be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
> system
> (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
> copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
> with
> the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
> (gnome(a)FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
> usually discarded by the mailing list software.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall.2355.0 env make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.

Also, www/epiphany-extensions build fails for some reason:

checking whether epiphany has python support... no
checking for EPIPHANY_DEPENDENCY... yes
checking whether OpenSP support is requested... no
checking which extensions to build... configure: WARNING: Epiphany
compiled without python support, extensions python-console sample-python
favicon will not be available
actions auto-reload auto-scroller certificates error-viewer
extensions-manager-ui gestures java-console page-info push-scroller
select-stylesheet sidebar smart-bookmarks tab-groups tab-states adblock
checking for pcre-config... /usr/local/bin/pcre-config
checking whether libpcre was compiled with UTF-8 support... no
configure: error: pcre does not support utf-8