From: John Burns on
I'm using Windows 2003, IIS and PHP 4.4.4 with MySQL 4.1. I had this
same setup on a server that got corrupted by a virus. I can't use any
of the files from the old setup so I'm trying to reinstall the same
versions. However, I can't find a php_mysql.dll file that will work.
All of the zip packages I download from php.net don't have the
php_mysql.dll file in the extensions folder. They have everything else
but that. Am I missing something? Please help if you have any idea.
The one php_mysql.dll file I did find and dropped in gives me the
following error:

Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20050922,
debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429,
debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on
line 0

I'm guessing that means that PHP was compiled older than the
php_mysql.dll and that the dll is too new. Does someone have the older
version? Thanks in advance for the help!

John
From: Chris on
John Burns wrote:
> I'm using Windows 2003, IIS and PHP 4.4.4 with MySQL 4.1. I had this
> same setup on a server that got corrupted by a virus. I can't use any
> of the files from the old setup so I'm trying to reinstall the same
> versions. However, I can't find a php_mysql.dll file that will work.
> All of the zip packages I download from php.net don't have the
> php_mysql.dll file in the extensions folder. They have everything else
> but that. Am I missing something? Please help if you have any idea.
> The one php_mysql.dll file I did find and dropped in gives me the
> following error:
>
> Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20050922,
> debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429,
> debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on
> line 0

As you found out, you can't do that - they need to come from the same
release.

Try here:

http://www.php.net/releases/

Grab the 4.4.4 windows zipfile and that should have all of the
extensions you need.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

From: Chris on
John Burns wrote:
> I did that but the php_mysql.dll is not in any of the zips from any of
> the packages I tried downloading. I need to stay in PHP 4 because of
> some applications. No matter what zip package I downloaded,
> php_mysql.dll was not in the extensions directory. I tried a bunch of
> different 4.x releases. I tried downloading the source code and saw
> the mysql extensions uncompiled but I don't know how to compile.
> That's why I'm so confused as to why the php_mysql.dll file is not in
> any of the Windows binary zip packages. Take a look for yourself and
> see if you can find a zip that has that file in it. If you can, I'd be
> greatly appreciative.

Please always cc the mailing list so others can see your response and
offer their suggestions.

Maybe ask on the php-windows mailing list, they might have better
suggestions (and include what you've already tried).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/