From: "Tonado" on
Hi all,

I used the following in my code
oci_connect('$user','$pass',$connectionString,'UTF8');

and got the following warning:

Warning: oci_connect() [function.oci-connect]: Invalid character set name:
UTF8

I tried many times and found it could only work when I removed 'UTF8' or
replaced it with 'US7ASCII'. It didn't work even I used 'WE8ISO8859P1'. But
I had to use 'UTF8' in order to support multiple bytes. I had tried setting
NLS_LANG to AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 in envvars instead of using the 4th
parameter in oci_connect, but it didn't work. Using putenv to set NLS_LANG
didn't work either.

Does anyone encounter this weird issue before? The php version I'm using is
5.2.1.

Thanks for any help.