From: gabriel on
I have started getting a "Found New Hardware" wizard at bootup. It says
"Compal E-Power Driver", then "hkdrv.sys" not found. Then when I cancel out
of it, I get a message that there was a problem with installation and new
hardware may not work properly. This is on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop.

Anyone know what that is all about?

From: BAR on
How new is the Toshaiba.

What device have you added since intial purchase? Perhaps a digital camera?
The driver files should be supplied with the camera. Check in the original
packaging or look here:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=131224

New devices don't magically apeear, so think of what you may have plugged
in or attached in the last days or weeks.

If you haven't put anything onto the PC give Toshiba a call.