From: DS on
I have Windows XP Pro and keep getting a blue screen with the following error.

My screen went blue with the following messages:
Kernel Data Inpage Error
STOP: 0X0000007A (0XC03E15E0, 0X000000E, 0XF8578B0, 0X195FD860)
atapi.sys
address F8578130
base at F8567000
Date Stamp: 41107b4d
something about a dump

I turn off my computer with the power button
I restarted my laptop and got the following error:
System32/hal.dll missing

reboot in safe mode and at the C prompt do a chkdsk
It came back saying something about there being file errors.

boot in Last Known Good Config. It took long times for booting

When I finally got booted up I was trying to empty by IE files but it
crashed again. This time with the following error:
Technical info:
STOP: 0X0000000., 0X82DC0888, 0X82DC09FC, 0X805FA7A8)

I took off my usb 4 way to see if maybe it was causing errors.
I rebooted in last known good config. Still slow. I deleted some files that
had been added that day. started to delete my IE files again and crashed
with the following error:
STOP: C000021a Unknown Hard Error
Laptop screen went blue and monitor screen went black

I unplugged everything from the laptop and had to unplug the pc to turn it
off.
Battery light came on even after I plugged it back in.

Got laptop booted not connect to anything, was in the midst of doing a
defrag and went to blue screen with error:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer

A process thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated
If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If
this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturur for
any window updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hard ware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you
need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer,
press f8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode

Technical inf:
***STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X83061CA8, 0X83061E1C, 0X805FA7A8)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

I rebooted and did nothing to it, just let it set for awhile, not connected
to anything. The battery light went out after a couple of hours.

Scan computer with Symatec Antivirus, got 3/4 ways through it and laptop
crashed.

Rebooted. Ran Windows updates.

This morning my laptop worked for about 3 hours, finished antivirus scan and
cleaned out all temp files, old files. I have not recently installed any new
hardware or software.

Someone is telling me to reimage my pc, will this help?

Just frustrated and not knowing what to do, HELP!

From: Will Denny on
Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(7A):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny