From: Frank Kotler on
AceHigh wrote:
> Hello, this is my first post. I recently downloaded the HLA free compiler
> and I get this error message when compiling a test program:
>
> Assembling: hla001.asm
> hlalib.lib(excepts.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__Messa
> geBoxA(a)16 referenced in function L209_false__hla_
> hla001.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error returned by link = 1120
>
> so what am i doing wrong?

Sounds like an installation problem to me. Did you use the installer,
and let it do its thing? You've got to have some environment variables
set right... "hlalib" and "hlainc" for HLA... but this looks like the
linker that's not finding its files... "LIB" or "LIBPATH", perhaps? I
think if you give hla the "-v" switch, it'll output more information
about what it was trying to do when it went wrong. Try that and get back
to us with the results... If all else fails, reinstall the thing. Or if
you want answers without the abuse, try the yahoo group:

(up to 1198 subscribers!)

Best,
Frank
From: sevagK on

AceHigh wrote:
> Hello, this is my first post. I recently downloaded the HLA free compiler
> and I get this error message when compiling a test program:
>
> Assembling: hla001.asm
> hlalib.lib(excepts.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__Messa
> geBoxA(a)16 referenced in function L209_false__hla_
> hla001.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> Error returned by link = 1120
>
> so what am i doing wrong?
>
> AceHigh

Hiya.
Ignore the naysayers around here. You got the typical assortment of
the anti-HLA crowd responding... a HEX coder, a DOS coder and an
anarchist from France who suffers from delusions of being the leader of
the 'assembly rebirth' (as well as other delusions).

As Frank mentioned, it looks like a PATH problem, seems like the linker
can't locate the proper libraries. If you are useing MS Link or
POlink, they look for a LIB environment variable.

If you have Win98/ME/XP, you could also try my HIDE program which sets
up everyting you need. Just unzip and run out of its own folder.

Follow this link for HIDE and some other programs written in HLA
www.geocities.com/kahlinor/

Frank also mentioned the aoaprogramming Yahoo groups, that is a good
place to post as well as the HLA subforum in masmforum:
www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php

-sevagK

From: wolfgang kern on

Hi Rene,

| >| so what am i doing wrong?
| >
| > You may choosen a weird and wrong tool.
|
| :)
|
| Wolfgang, i think that, in english, the verb "to may"
| indicates a *possibility*. If i am right, the sentence
| should begin with:
|
| "You have choosen...".
|
| :)

I wanted have typed: "You may have chosen .." anyway ("the filter"),
but either my clumsy fingers or my dirty keyboard stole a word and
added one "o" ;)

__
wolfgang

From: Ricky Liu on
I don't want to be harsh. But your posting here means that you don't read
documentation - you just posted in a newsgroup that is not listed in the
doc.
Don't ask such questions if the answer can be found in the doc!

From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)comcast.net> ?crivait news:BJydnR6R3ogn-6neRVn-
uw(a)comcast.com:

>> Assembling: hla001.asm
>> hlalib.lib(excepts.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>> __imp__Messa
>> geBoxA(a)16 referenced in function L209_false__hla_
>> hla001.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>> Error returned by link = 1120
>>
>> so what am i doing wrong?
>
> Sounds like an installation problem to me.

No. It sounds like a joke, to me: Look at the name
the way they are:

>> __imp__Messa

[Like in "Mess-up"]

and