From: Gary on
My mother has an HP 3930 printer and while I was there visiting her she
printed a picture that her grandson sent via email . She's not computer
literate at all and wasn't set up to do photo printing--just wanted to have
a print-out that she could hold in her hand. It took almost 10 minutes to
print the picture! Obviously the quality wasn't very good and I was
flabbergasted at the amount of time it took to print. Is this normal for
that printer? It reminds me of way back when! I'm thinking that I could
buy her the cheapest Canon or Epson on the market and get her a faster and
better printer than that HP.

She wouldn't be printing more than a couple of hundred things a year--any
suggestions what I should buy her? TIA!

BTW, Happy New Year!!!!

Gary
Visit Lucy & Gary and do the jigsaw puzzle at
www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

From: Petrus Tax on
A Happy New Year to you too.

I am not sure whether I can help you. But a couple of weeks ago my HP PSC
950 all-in-one acted up in the same manner. I had no inkling what caused it,
since it had been working fine for several years. I got rather desperate and
decided to change the color cartridge. I put in another, remanufactured one
(not even an HP!), and the printer worked again as fast as before and in
beautiful colors.
HTH.

Petrus

From: Gary on
Thanks for the reply! I picked up a new cartridge and I'll install it next
time that I get over to her place. Hope that helps! Thanks, again.