From: PremiumBlend on
Hello,

How would I use a CHOOSE box instead of a label
inside of a field specifier? For example:

\<< "CIRCULAR CURVE SOLVER"
{ "RADIUS =" "ARC ="} { 1 1 }
{ NOVAL NOVAL } { NOVAL NOVAL }
\>>

I would like the first field specifier
to be:

\<< "1ST PARAMETER:"
{ "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
1 CHOOSE
\>>

Second field specifier:

\<< "2ND PARAMETER:"
{ "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
1 CHOOSE
\>>

Regards,

Mark
From: Gurveer on
On Dec 14, 6:02 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How would I use a CHOOSE box instead of a label
> inside of a field specifier? For example:
>
> \<< "CIRCULAR CURVE SOLVER"
> { "RADIUS =" "ARC ="} { 1 1 }
> { NOVAL NOVAL } { NOVAL NOVAL }
> \>>
>
> I would like the first field specifier
> to be:
>
> \<< "1ST PARAMETER:"
> { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> 1 CHOOSE
> \>>
>
> Second field specifier:
>
> \<< "2ND PARAMETER:"
> { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> 1 CHOOSE
> \>>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Hello Mark

This is the exactly same problem that I came across a couple of months
ago. I was thinking of having choose field which could make me to
choose from different options indicating that I should have four
fields, two choose and two text which is only possible in System RPL.
I made a Horizontal Curve Solver in which the first choose field
consisted of just "Radius" and "Delta" with a text field in front of
it whereas the other choose field consisted of "Delta", "Arc Length",
"Chord Length", "Tangent", "Mid-ordinate" and "External" and again a
text field along with it. This offers quite a few combinations and
moreover, the programming part of interpreting what the user selected
is not that bad either.

Regards,

Gurveer
From: PremiumBlend on
On Dec 15, 10:23 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 6:02 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > How would I use a CHOOSE box instead of a label
> > inside of a field specifier? For example:
>
> > \<< "CIRCULAR CURVE SOLVER"
> > { "RADIUS =" "ARC ="} { 1 1 }
> > { NOVAL NOVAL } { NOVAL NOVAL }
> > \>>
>
> > I would like the first field specifier
> > to be:
>
> > \<< "1ST PARAMETER:"
> > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > 1 CHOOSE
> > \>>
>
> > Second field specifier:
>
> > \<< "2ND PARAMETER:"
> > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > 1 CHOOSE
> > \>>
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mark
>
> Hello Mark
>
> This is the exactly same problem that I came across a couple of months
> ago. I was thinking of having choose field which could make me to
> choose from different options indicating that I should have four
> fields, two choose and two text which is only possible in System RPL.
> I made a Horizontal Curve Solver in which the first choose field
> consisted of just "Radius" and "Delta" with a text field in front of
> it whereas the other choose field consisted of "Delta", "Arc Length",
> "Chord Length", "Tangent", "Mid-ordinate" and "External" and again a
> text field along with it. This offers quite a few combinations and
> moreover, the programming part of interpreting what the user selected
> is not that bad either.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gurveer- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply! I always liked the way in which the TDS Survey
card handled the text fields. For every press of the right cursor key
you
were presented with a different option for the current highlighted
field.
From: PremiumBlend on
On Dec 15, 10:23 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 6:02 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > How would I use a CHOOSE box instead of a label
> > inside of a field specifier? For example:
>
> > \<< "CIRCULAR CURVE SOLVER"
> > { "RADIUS =" "ARC ="} { 1 1 }
> > { NOVAL NOVAL } { NOVAL NOVAL }
> > \>>
>
> > I would like the first field specifier
> > to be:
>
> > \<< "1ST PARAMETER:"
> > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > 1 CHOOSE
> > \>>
>
> > Second field specifier:
>
> > \<< "2ND PARAMETER:"
> > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > 1 CHOOSE
> > \>>
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mark
>
> Hello Mark
>
> This is the exactly same problem that I came across a couple of months
> ago. I was thinking of having choose field which could make me to
> choose from different options indicating that I should have four
> fields, two choose and two text which is only possible in System RPL.
> I made a Horizontal Curve Solver in which the first choose field
> consisted of just "Radius" and "Delta" with a text field in front of
> it whereas the other choose field consisted of "Delta", "Arc Length",
> "Chord Length", "Tangent", "Mid-ordinate" and "External" and again a
> text field along with it. This offers quite a few combinations and
> moreover, the programming part of interpreting what the user selected
> is not that bad either.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gurveer- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply! If you ever used the TDS
Survey card, you probably liked the way the
program handled the text fields. For every press
From: Gurveer on
On Dec 16, 5:49 pm, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 10:23 am, Gurveer <gurveer....(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 14, 6:02 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > How would I use a CHOOSE box instead of a label
> > > inside of a field specifier? For example:
>
> > > \<< "CIRCULAR CURVE SOLVER"
> > > { "RADIUS =" "ARC ="} { 1 1 }
> > > { NOVAL NOVAL } { NOVAL NOVAL }
> > > \>>
>
> > > I would like the first field specifier
> > > to be:
>
> > > \<< "1ST PARAMETER:"
> > > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > > 1 CHOOSE
> > > \>>
>
> > > Second field specifier:
>
> > > \<< "2ND PARAMETER:"
> > > { "RADIUS" "DELTA" "ARC" "TANGENT" }
> > > 1 CHOOSE
> > > \>>
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Mark
>
> > Hello Mark
>
> > This is the exactly same problem that I came across a couple of months
> > ago. I was thinking of having choose field which could make me to
> > choose from different options indicating that I should have four
> > fields, two choose and two text which is only possible in System RPL.
> > I made a Horizontal Curve Solver in which the first choose field
> > consisted of just "Radius" and "Delta" with a text field in front of
> > it whereas the other choose field consisted of "Delta", "Arc Length",
> > "Chord Length", "Tangent", "Mid-ordinate" and "External" and again a
> > text field along with it. This offers quite a few combinations and
> > moreover, the programming part of interpreting what the user selected
> > is not that bad either.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Gurveer- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the reply! If you ever used the TDS
> Survey card, you probably liked the way the
> program handled the text fields. For every press
> of the right cursor key you were presented with
> a different option for the current highlighted
> field.

Unfortunately, I haven't ever! Is that something which works on these
HP calculators?