From: IGot2P on
On 12/27/2009 8:37 PM, Ian D wrote:
> "IGot2P"<don(a)crsales.com> wrote in message
>> On 12/24/2009 6:37 PM, IGot2P wrote:
>>> Running it as a wired network printer and having problems after going to
>>> the driver that comes with Windows 7. If I try to print 8.5 by 11 (or
>>> probably any other size) borderless the printer comes up an says that
>>> the paper is too small. In short, if I choose Borderless photo 8.5 by 11
>>> photo paper it shows that they size will be 11.14 by 8.73 thus the
>>> printer thinks my normal 8.5 by 11 is too small.
>>>
>>> If anyone has this combination of printer and OS please give it a try
>>> and post the results.
>>>
>>> Happy Holidays,
>>>
>>> Don
>>
>> Okay, for some unknown reason it will now print but......if you print
>> borderless 13" by 19" it leaves about .2" on one end and one side blank.
>> All in all, the Windows 7 driver sucks!
>
> What happens if you use the Vista driver?

Hey, that may be a good idea. HP has a software patch when upgrading
Vista to Windows 7 so maybe I could load the Vista version and then the
patch and see what happens. I did a clean load of Windows 7 on a new
machine as opposed to any upgrade. I still have three systems that are
running XP so I just may go back to one of them......never did have Vista.

Don

From: Ian D on

> On 12/27/2009 8:37 PM, Ian D wrote:
>> "IGot2P"<don(a)crsales.com> wrote in message

>>> Okay, for some unknown reason it will now print but......if you print
>>> borderless 13" by 19" it leaves about .2" on one end and one side blank.
>>> All in all, the Windows 7 driver sucks!
>>
>> What happens if you use the Vista driver?
>>

> Hey, that may be a good idea. HP has a software patch when upgrading Vista
> to Windows 7 so maybe I could load the Vista version and then the patch
> and see what happens. I did a clean load of Windows 7 on a new machine as
> opposed to any upgrade. I still have three systems that are running XP so
> I just may go back to one of them......never did have Vista.
>
> Don

That's where laser printers are good. I have an HP B&W and an
HP color laserjet, and the same universal driver is used for both
printers, for XP through Win 7. In fact, the existing XP/Vista
driver was re-certified for Win 7. There are 32 bit and 64 bit
versions of the drivers. It's too bad HP didn't have universal
drivers for the inkjets. I guess they're not considered as
business class printers. Even early 90's HP LJ4's have Win 7
driver capability through the universal driver, which recognizes
the individual capabilities of each model.