From: Andrew Rossmann on
In article <6fG%i.5583$fD.5402(a)pd7urf3no>, brackenburn(a)shaw.-
deletethisbit-ca says...
> Yes it did print landscape mode previously, but the situation is a bit more
> complicated than I first reported.
> I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
> full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it out
> in portrait mode.
> Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
> *portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!
>
> Also, when printing normally (not copying), the orientation printouts match
> the settings OK.
>
> Puzzled. does this mean it's a scanner problem?

What format did you save the scan as? Maybe the program you are using to
print it has an auto-rotate option.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
From: Andy on
Thanks Andy for your contribution.
I didn't *save* the scan. This scanner has a "Copy" mode. Once scanned,
the printer starts up and I set the printer options "landscape/ portrait",
etc.
'Fraid I know nothing about "auto-rotate"..........

Andy I.

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply(a)no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
: In article <6fG%i.5583$fD.5402(a)pd7urf3no>, brackenburn(a)shaw.-
: deletethisbit-ca says...
: > Yes it did print landscape mode previously, but the situation is a bit
more
: > complicated than I first reported.
: > I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document
is
: > full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it
out
: > in portrait mode.
: > Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
: > *portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!
: >
:
: What format did you save the scan as? Maybe the program you are using to
: print it has an auto-rotate option.
:
: --
: If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
: All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
: law!!
: http://home.att.net/~andyross

From: Bob Headrick on

"Andy" <brackenburn(a)shaw.-deletethisbit-ca> wrote in message
> That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
> So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
> considered to be in portrait mode?

Yes, as far as the scanner and printer are concerned.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

From: Andy on
Thanks Bob for the confirmation.

Andy I.

"Bob Headrick" <bobh(a)proaxis.com> wrote in message
:
:
: "Andy" <brackenburn(a)shaw.-deletethisbit-ca> wrote in message
: news:OTJ%i.5900$fD.5868(a)pd7urf3no...
: > That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
: > So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
: > considered to be in portrait mode?
:
: Yes, as far as the scanner and printer are concerned.
:
: Regards,
: Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
: