From: Andy on
Hi,

"Landscape" is enabled in all applicable places but the HP 882C prints only
"portrait" repeatedly.
Any solutions to correct this?

Thank you.
Andy I. (Win XP SP2)

From: Al Bundy on
On Nov 16, 2:15 am, "Andy" <brackenb...(a)shaw.-deletethisbit-ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Landscape" is enabled in all applicable places but the HP 882C prints only
> "portrait" repeatedly.
> Any solutions to correct this?
>
> Thank you.
> Andy I. (Win XP SP2)

If it previously did print landscape mode and now it won't, I would
uninstall and install the print drivers. Also, check to see if you
didn't end up with some strange paper size setting.
From: Andy on

Thanks "Al",

Yes it did print landscape mode previously, but the situation is a bit more
complicated than I first reported.
I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it out
in portrait mode.
Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
*portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!

Also, when printing normally (not copying), the orientation printouts match
the settings OK.

Puzzled. does this mean it's a scanner problem?
Andy I. (WIN XP SP2; UMAX Astra 1220P scanner)

"Al Bundy" <MSfortune(a)mcpmail.com> wrote in message
: On Nov 16, 2:15 am, "Andy" <brackenb...(a)shaw.-deletethisbit-ca> wrote:
: > Hi,
: >

From: Bob Headrick on
"Andy" <brackenburn(a)shaw.-deletethisbit-ca> wrote in message

> I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document is
> full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it
> out
> in portrait mode.
> Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
> *portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!

The scanner does not have any particular concept of portrait vs. landscape
mode, it is simple scanning light and dark areas of the page. The scan is
in portrait orientation and the file it generates reflects that. Selecting
Landscape in the printer driver would result in the document being rotated
90 degrees and would give the results you are seeing.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

From: Andy on
That's most enlightening, Bob. I've never thought of it that way.
So......... because the document lies "lengthways" in the scanner, it is
considered to be in portrait mode?

Andy I.

:
: > I'm using the printer with a scanner to copy a document. The document
is
: > full letter size in landscape mode, and as I said, the printer churns it
: > out
: > in portrait mode.
: > Now a discovery which may provide a clue: when I set the printer to
: > *portrait* mode, the output is in correct *landscape* mode!
:
: The scanner does not have any particular concept of portrait vs. landscape
: mode, it is simple scanning light and dark areas of the page. The scan is
: in portrait orientation and the file it generates reflects that.
Selecting
: Landscape in the printer driver would result in the document being rotated
: 90 degrees and would give the results you are seeing.
:
: Regards,
: Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
: