From: aaronep on
I have HP Laserjet P2015D which is an automatic duplex printer.
Also using Windows 7 Home Premium OS.
When I attempt to use the auto duplex feature of the printer, the only
option shown is MANUAL duplex.

I believe there must be some new drivers for this printer for Windows
7, but not sure.

Can anyone offer suggestion on how I can access the auto duplex
feature of this plrinter?

best, Aaron
From: Fred McKenzie on
In article
<8eba7f4e-02db-4572-8ef9-1f257980fa1a(a)j21g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
"aaronep(a)pacbell.net" <aaronep(a)pacbell.net> wrote:

> I have HP Laserjet P2015D which is an automatic duplex printer.
> Also using Windows 7 Home Premium OS.
> When I attempt to use the auto duplex feature of the printer, the only
> option shown is MANUAL duplex.
>
> I believe there must be some new drivers for this printer for Windows
> 7, but not sure.
>
> Can anyone offer suggestion on how I can access the auto duplex
> feature of this plrinter?

Aaron-

I'm not familiar with that printer, but with others it is necessary to
turn on the duplex capability when setting up the printer driver. If
the driver is not informed of the duplex capability, it will only
present the manual option.

Just how "automatic" is the printer? Some HP printers have a control
panel setting to ALWAYS print multiple-page documents in duplex mode,
regardless of how the printer driver is set.

Fred
From: Andrew Rossmann on
[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <8eba7f4e-02db-4572-8ef9-
1f257980fa1a(a)j21g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, aaronep(a)pacbell.net says...

> I have HP Laserjet P2015D which is an automatic duplex printer.
> Also using Windows 7 Home Premium OS.
> When I attempt to use the auto duplex feature of the printer, the only
> option shown is MANUAL duplex.
>
> I believe there must be some new drivers for this printer for Windows
> 7, but not sure.
>
> Can anyone offer suggestion on how I can access the auto duplex
> feature of this plrinter?

If it's using the basic Windows drivers, it may not autodetect that the
duplexer is there. You may have to dig through the driver settings,
looking through advanced or other settings to see if you have to turn on
the fact that it has a duplexer.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross
From: Ian D on

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply(a)no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
> to the cited author.]
>
> In article <8eba7f4e-02db-4572-8ef9-
> 1f257980fa1a(a)j21g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, aaronep(a)pacbell.net says...
>>
>> I have HP Laserjet P2015D which is an automatic duplex printer.
>> Also using Windows 7 Home Premium OS.
>> When I attempt to use the auto duplex feature of the printer, the only
>> option shown is MANUAL duplex.
>>
>> I believe there must be some new drivers for this printer for Windows
>> 7, but not sure.
>>
>> Can anyone offer suggestion on how I can access the auto duplex
>> feature of this plrinter?
>
> If it's using the basic Windows drivers, it may not autodetect that the
> duplexer is there. You may have to dig through the driver settings,
> looking through advanced or other settings to see if you have to turn on
> the fact that it has a duplexer.
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

The HP Win 7 universal print drivers for the P2015d are available here:

32 bit version:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1845555&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1845551&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4062

64 bit version;
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1845555&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=1845551&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4063