From: hberenson on
I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet
printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the
downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for
printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I
do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has
experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just
install the driver and absolutely no other HP software?

Thanks!

From: Bob Headrick on

<hberenson(a)predictableit.com> wrote in message
>I know that officially HP does not support the 5510 (or other Officejet
> printers) on the Windows Server 2003 OS. However, using the
> downloadable limited install I have been able to get it to work (for
> printing only...which is what I care about)on a test system. Before I
> do this on a production system I was wondering if anyone else has
> experience with this configuration? Also, is there a way to just
> install the driver and absolutely no other HP software?

You could use a compatible printer driver. See
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00302767&lc=en#N1001B
for a list of printer drivers compatible with various Officejet and PSC units.
The Officejet 5510 series does not support PCL; you may have better luck with
the printers in the table that have note (1) attached as they all support PCL
in some form. Also, you can install the XP driver with a workaround as
described at
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=854275.

Regards,