From: Carol V. on
I am running Win XP. When I try to access the scanner on this printer
through XP's Scanner and Camera Wizard, I get the following message:

"The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
Please make sure the device is turned on and is properly connected to the
computer. If the computer still cannot detect the device, open Control
Panel, click Scanners and Cameras, and then click Add Device."

The 2610 is listed. Anyone know of any problems with the scanner part of
the printer and XP?

Thanks,
Carol

From: Tron on
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:42:13 GMT, "Carol V." <sadiev(a)NOTearthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am running Win XP. When I try to access the scanner on this printer
>through XP's Scanner and Camera Wizard, I get the following message:
>
>"The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>Please make sure the device is turned on and is properly connected to the
>computer. If the computer still cannot detect the device, open Control
>Panel, click Scanners and Cameras, and then click Add Device."
>
>The 2610 is listed. Anyone know of any problems with the scanner part of
>the printer and XP?
>
>Thanks,
>Carol

Have you installed all available driver updates at the Windows Update
website?

If nothing else works, instead of trying to install with the Scanner
and Camera Wizard, why not install using the supplied installation
disk and software that was supplied with the machine? In the event
that you don't have those discs, you can download them at www.hp.com.

Pages: 1
Prev: Epson CX3650
Next: Epson CX5400