From: Terry on
Have Epson CX5400 (about 1.2 years old) which last week suddenly stopped
printing properly.

Have gone through all the 'head cleaning' and 'nozzle check' procedures a
large number of times.

Ink levels are OK C=70%, Y=70%, M=70%, K=20%.

When doing a nozzle check the only colour that prints Ok is red.

All other functions (scan and store/copy to email etc. work fine.)

Is there some kind of 'cleaning cartridge' or manual procedure or solvent
that can be used to free up what I presume is blocked/clogged print head/s?
Nothing in the 'Instruction book' that I can see?

Advice urgently requested and would be much appreciated. Until now I've been
pleased with this machine.

Terry

From: Clark W. Griswold, Jr. on
"Terry" <tsanford(a)nf.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Have Epson CX5400 (about 1.2 years old) which last week suddenly stopped
>printing properly.
>
>Is there some kind of 'cleaning cartridge' or manual procedure or solvent
>that can be used to free up what I presume is blocked/clogged print head/s?
>Nothing in the 'Instruction book' that I can see?
>
>Advice urgently requested and would be much appreciated. Until now I've been
>pleased with this machine.

Unfortunately, although I like the quality of my Epson printers and all-in-ones,
you just discovered their weak point. Epson print heads have a tendency to clog,
especially in a dry environment. Since they don't get replaced with the ink
tank, there is no easy way to unclog them.

If you Google on "Epson print head clog" you should find the person that will
send you an instruction sheet on checking the overflow tube. He has some
evidence that fixing that tube can unclog the printer.

You can order print heads from Epson, but I don't think they come with
instructions and the cost will be a good part of a new printer...
From: Davy on
Drop Art and Email requesting his free cleaning instructions, you see
his postings up and down these pages under Arthur Entlich. -:
e-printerhelp(')mvps(.)org

remove the brackets leaving no spaces, he'll get as soon as he can,
don't forget to mention the problem.

Davy

From: Davy on
The waste tube does have a tendancy to come off from just under the
docking bay, when this happens there will bo no nozzle cleaning
action at all even at switch on and you'll end up with clogs.

The way to check this is either lift the cover and do a nozzle clean
or switch the printer on where you should see ink flowing through the
clear plastic waste tube if all is well as it does its cleaning
routine, or you can get a pencil and very gently try to lift the tube
if it's loose then it will offer no resistance and be free to move at
the end, the slightest resistance indicates the tube is intact,
another alternative is the docking bay could be blocked.

Best to see Art advice first though.

Davy

From: Terry on

To Clarke W. G and Davy for the foregoing possible leads to solution of my
Epson CX5400 ink clog .
Thank you.
Terry