From: Richard in AZ on
A good source for older HP restore disks is www.restoredisks.com
But without more details, model HP computer and make & model of the sound chips on the motherboard,
cannot give you any help there.

From: SC Tom on
My guess is you have other problems with this system if both the recovery
partition and the CD's failed. Have you tried running any kind of
diagnostics? A lot of them create their own boot CD so you're not using the
hard drive or the operating system to run it.
--
SC Tom