From: mm on
John H Meyers schrieb:
<..>

> http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=pfree

Thanks for providing the link, John!
I had forgotten that it is named 'pfree'.

> Written for 49G, it displays a little bit of garbage
> for unavailable banks in ARM-based calcs, but doesn't crash.
>
> Reading the documentation is somewhat necessary
> to understand what it can or can't do
> (are you sure it can identify the exact
> address alignment that's needed by the toolkit?)

No, it can't.
But the important aspect is, that it can prove, that the lib with the
pathological behavior has been physically moved to a new location.
And finally it worked, and all are happy again ... :-)

--

Ingo Blank

http://hpgcc.org
http://blog.hpgcc.org
From: Claudio Lapilli on
Hello,

On Feb 21, 7:28 am, "tiwag" <tiwag...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> @JHM thanks for the tip with pfree !
>
> With the usage of pfree i could solve the puzzle.
>
> 1. examined the flash banks and found a lot of deleted ARMToolBox
> libraries (versions 3.10 and 3.12) from my previous install tries in
> flash banks 8, B and C.
>
> 2. purged the last active ARMToolBox library and continued with
> installing of some libraries until bank B was nearly full
>
> 3. finally installed the ARMToolbox again, pfree told me that it is
> located as first object in bank A
>
> now my ARMToolBox PrRun command works fine again.
>
> seems to be a problem with the installation of the ARMToolbox (ATB),
> which arised when i wanted update ATB from version 3.10 to 3.12

Yes, what you concluded is roughly what I tried to explain without too
much detail on my previous post. There must be a certain configuration
in the flash objects (working and deleted) that makes the toolbox
installer fail. The toolbox doesn't need to be installed first on a
bank, but you seemed to have a particular issue with that bank, that
got solved as soon as the installer used a different one. You and a
few other people had reported this problem, but so far nobody was able
to reproduce it consistently so I could find the problem. I was never
able to reproduce this on my calc, with different sets of libs,
different flash configurations, etc.

> obviously i purged ATB 3.10 and installed ATB 3.12 which didn't work
> until it got stored as first object in an other flash bank.
>
> @Claudio - can you develop a small tool which tests/detects the im/
> proper alignment of the ATB ! after installation ! to the flash
> port ?

It's already done! Why do you think you use a SETUP program instead of
just storing it to port2? The installer predicts where the toolboox
will be installed and performs the proper code alignment. It works 99%
of the times, but there seems to be one loose end somewhere.
I already explained in another post that the ARMToolbox won't be
maintained anymore, because it's officially dead. HPGCC 3.0 (still in
alpha stage) doesn't need a toolbox to execute C programs.

Claudio