From: Arthur Entlich on

Alan wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:42:43 -0800, Arthur Entlich
> <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> Let's try again, I didn't mean to send that earlier one it wasn't finished.
>>
>> Alcohol may not be enough as the wheels may be too worn. You might try
>> a rubber rejuvenator.
>>
>> Here are two examples of a source for the Rubber Rejuvenator made from
>> orange oil extract.
>>
>> http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/20-1890
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Spray-Cleaner-Rubber-Rejuvenator-Bottle/dp/B0000WUNW8
>>
>> There are many websites offering an aerosol (spray) version, which I do
>> not suggest, since it is very difficult to control and works a bit
>> differently. If you do use the spray, spray some in a small bottle or
>> container and apply manually with a swab.
>>
>> Art
>

> Thanks Art.
>
> I got it working by taking out the plastic panel over the oblique
> roller and cleaning it all out. Didn't see anything stuck there, but
> after that, and wiping down the roller with alcohol, it's working, at
> least for now.
>
> I may need rejuvenator down the road, but I'm not in the US and buying
> online from there is prohibitively expensive.
> Any idea what kind of shop or supplier would carry that?
> Can you home brew it from anything else?

Where are you located? Rubber rejuvenator is made from orange or citrus
oil and some petro distillates.

Shops which use it are photocopier and printer repair and some
electronics repair places, which deal with machines which use rubberized
parts and drive belts.

> And what has happened to comp.periphs.printers?
> It used to be much busier -- has everyone moved to a forum, if so,
> which ones?

I think it is attrition due to all the spam and trolls, and people
finding more specific forums on Yahoo and elsewhere.

Art

From: MArky on
Pickup rollers are cheap.
replace it.
From: Alan on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:38:05 -0500, MArky <mjt(a)aol.com> wrote:

>Pickup rollers are cheap.
>replace it.

Can you tell me where I can buy one in Hong Kong and how much it
costs?

I thought not.