From: Mr. Schrute Mr. Schrute on
HSLoader.exe - Bad Image and HSLoader.exe - Bad Image, are error messages i
get when trying to run Norton Antivirus, or routine things such as Internet
Explorer. Basically all I can do on my computer is access files and use
programs like Microsoft word and excel. Specifically it says:
C:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll is either not designed to run on windows or
it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original
installer media or contact system administration or the software vendor for
support. Please Help

I also have an Important update that will not work which I am unsure if it
is contributing to the problem: Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 service Pack 1
and .Net Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86
From: MowGreen on
Which edition of Windows ?
What Service Pack level is it on ?
What is the version of Internet Explorer ?
Which version of Norton AV ?

HSLoader.exe - belonging to Norton Protection Center from Symantec
Corporation
http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/hsloader/

Author: Symantec Corporation

Part of: Norton Protection Center

Common Path(s):
%programfilescommon%\symantec shared\npc\2.0

HSLoader.exe is what loads Norton Protection Center's Help and Support
component.

Either Norton has been compromised by malware or, more likely, it's
incompatible with Windows.
Since this is the Windows Update newsgroup, did you attempt to contact
Symantec or visit their forums to find out what the error signifies ?

Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus
http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=nis_feedback

Norton 360
http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=Norton_360

Norton Community
http://community.norton.com/norton/

HTH,

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Have you purchased the Norton application and is your subscription current?

Post here instead:
http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=nis_feedback
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
+1

From: 1995Tarheel on
I have this same problem but I do not have Norton for my security. I get the
same message when I use explorer and that same update will not load.
Any suggestions?