From: Nick Le Lievre on
I have a HTC Hero Orange branded but unlocked to all networks and have
been waiting patiently for the Android 2.1 Eclair update as it comes
with Android 1.5 Cupcake as standard.

Well early this morning they finally released part 2 of the OTA update
which is 2.1 Android Eclair and I have successfully updated the phone to
this new version (which comes as standard on the latest HTC Android phones).

To get the update prompt you have to have ROM version 2.73.61.66
installed which is the 2010/02/04 Orange ROM update on the HTC uk site
support section.
From: Nick Le Lievre on
"Nick Le Lievre" <nicklelievre(a)jerseymail.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> I have a HTC Hero Orange branded but unlocked to all networks and have
> been waiting patiently for the Android 2.1 Eclair update as it comes with
> Android 1.5 Cupcake as standard.
>
> Well early this morning they finally released part 2 of the OTA update
> which is 2.1 Android Eclair and I have successfully updated the phone to
> this new version (which comes as standard on the latest HTC Android
> phones).
>
> To get the update prompt you have to have ROM version 2.73.61.66 installed
> which is the 2010/02/04 Orange ROM update on the HTC uk site support
> section.

Got the XDA app installed now (which allows you to read the xda forums on
Android pretty cool) and got an update for Groundhog newsreader which I am
hoping solves a critical bug which mean`t that subsribed newsgroups were
sometimes not synced without unsubscribing and resubcribing, also got an
update for Google maps which now has turn by turn navigation since 2.1.