From: Seow on
Users got the above msg after logon with OWA.

Chked that the Mailbox & Public stores are down.

Tried retarted the Exchange System Mgr & Exchange Infor store svcs but of
no joy.

Can someone advise on how I could reslove this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

From: "Brandy Nee [MSFT]" on
Hello Seow,

Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup.

From your description, I understand that your clients got "HTTP/1.1 503
Service Unavailable" this error message when they using OWA. If I have
misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

There are varies of factors will cause this issue, so please take your time
and see my following suggestions:

1. Based on my experience, this issue could occur if the email addresses
have not been created for the users. I suggest you right click the
problematic user account and choose Properties, click the "E-mail
Addresses" tab and then check the email addresses are created. Please also
click the "Exchange Features" tab and then check if Outlook Web Access is
enabled for users.

2. Run "services.msc" on the server, make sure that all of the services are
running, and running under the local system account.

3. The mailbox stores and public folder store that you are trying to gain
access to are not mounted. Therefore, you must mount the mailbox stores and
the public folder stores. To do so:

a) Open Exchange System Manager.

b) Expand to Yourserver (Exchange)\Servers\Yourserver\First Storage Group.

c) Right click Mailbox Store, select Dismount Store, and click Yes. After
that, select Mount Store.

d) Right click Public Folder Store, select Dismount Store, and click Yes.
After that, select Mount Store.

e) Restart all the related services, and reproduce the issue and see
whether it still occurs.

4. Maybe a registry key exists in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry hive that
exceeds 259 characters.

For detailed information, please refer to the following information:

305030 How to Troubleshoot the "503 Service Unavailable" Error Message in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305030

If my suggestions above do not work, please help to gather the following
information for further research:

1. Does this issue happen to all your clients or some of them? Does this
issue happen from LAN? If you OWA from the Internet, will this issue occur?

2. Can you OWA from the server console?

3. Have OWA ever worked well before? Did you install/uninstall any software
recently?

4. Run "eventvwr" on the server, check whether there is any error, if yes,
double click it, click the Copy button, and paste the full content to the
Newsgroup.

5. Collect IIS Log. To do so:

a) Open IIS MMC, right click Default Web Site and then click Properties.

b) Click Website tab and then check Enable logging.

c) Reproduce this problem.

d) Go to the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles.

e) Paste the log file to the Newsgroup.

If these files size is large, you can separate them and paste individually.

For your additional information:

823159 How to troubleshoot the "503 Service Unavailable" error message in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823159

837285 Users may receive a "503 Service Unavailable" error message in
Exchange
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837285

896742 After you run the Security Configuration Wizard in Windows Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896742

Hope this information helps. If anything is unclear, please let me know. I
am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

From: Seow on
Hi Brandy,

You're right. I couldn't mount Mailbox Store.
I have finally decided to re-install the SBS2003 altogether.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers
Seow

From: "Brandy Nee [MSFT]" on
Hello Seow,

Thank you for posting back.

I am so sorry to hear that you plan to reinstall the SBS 2K3 server. May I
know whether my reply was too long, so you think reinstall server will be
much quicker?

From your reply, you mentioned that you could not mount Mailbox Store. So I
assume that my steps to mount the mailbox store do not work, that is why
you said you failed to mount mailbox. If this is the case, can you please
go to Event Viewer to paste all the error information to the Newsgroup,
please?

To do so, run "eventvwr" on the server, check whether there is any error,
if yes, double click it, click the Copy button, and paste the full content
to the Newsgroup.

If you have any other concern on this issue, please do feel free to let me
know.

For your additional information:

If you really plan to reinstall SBS 2K3 server, please perform a fully
backup before the reinstallation. The detailed Backup process, please see:

Backing Up and Restoring Windows Small Business Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=487736f8-f6f5-436d-
a82d-0c8d66e2a634&DisplayLang=en

I am greatly appreciated your time. If you have any further concern, please
feel free to post back. I am glad to be of assistance, am looking forward
to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support