From: Martin Holmes on
Hi all,

Quick question for Sonar MIDI experts:

I have a slow track that consists only of MIDI data right now. I've
ended up with it playing at the "right speed" with my tempo set to
140bpm, but I think really the tempo should be around 72 and the MIDI
note lengths should be doubled (if you see what I mean). Is there any
easy way to change the tempo and the MIDI data so that playback at 70 or
72 sounds like it does right now at 140?

I got into this mess by recording it way too slow originally with the
tempo set at 100, then increasing the tempo to get it to the "right"
speed. But now I'm trying to add drum loops and other bits and pieces
that ought to be playing at around 72bpm.

Cheers,
Martin
From: Martin Holmes on
Answering my own question:

Select all the MIDI, then press Process / Length, and choose 50%. Worked
like a charm, although I did have to adjust a couple of clip start times.

Cheers,
Martin

From: John Braner on
Martin Holmes wrote:
> Answering my own question:
>
> Select all the MIDI, then press Process / Length, and choose 50%. Worked
> like a charm, although I did have to adjust a couple of clip start times.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> On 29/12/2009 4:03 PM, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Quick question for Sonar MIDI experts:
>>
>> I have a slow track that consists only of MIDI data right now. I've
>> ended up with it playing at the "right speed" with my tempo set to
>> 140bpm, but I think really the tempo should be around 72 and the MIDI
>> note lengths should be doubled (if you see what I mean). Is there any
>> easy way to change the tempo and the MIDI data so that playback at 70 or
>> 72 sounds like it does right now at 140?
>>
>> I got into this mess by recording it way too slow originally with the
>> tempo set at 100, then increasing the tempo to get it to the "right"
>> speed. But now I'm trying to add drum loops and other bits and pieces
>> that ought to be playing at around 72bpm.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

Nice one Martin - I didn't realise you could do that! ;-)
(and I've been using it since it was Cakewalk Pro Audio 5!)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Dave Mazza on
Martin Holmes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question for Sonar MIDI experts:
>
> I have a slow track that consists only of MIDI data right now. I've
> ended up with it playing at the "right speed" with my tempo set to
> 140bpm, but I think really the tempo should be around 72 and the MIDI
> note lengths should be doubled (if you see what I mean). Is there any
> easy way to change the tempo and the MIDI data so that playback at 70
> or 72 sounds like it does right now at 140?
>
> I got into this mess by recording it way too slow originally with the
> tempo set at 100, then increasing the tempo to get it to the "right"
> speed. But now I'm trying to add drum loops and other bits and pieces
> that ought to be playing at around 72bpm.

Martin...you can also change the way loops play back by right clicking a
loop in a track, choosing Clip Properties, Audio Stretching tab, Beats in
Clip. If you double the number of beats, the loop will play at half the
original speed.

Pages: 1
Prev: Santa got me a Blackberry
Next: Wireless N