From: hadi motamedi on
Dear All
Can you please let me know how can I make an image from my Solaris8
server hard disk?
Thank you
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-06-02 12:37:11 +0100, hadi motamedi said:

> Dear All
> Can you please let me know how can I make an image from my Solaris8
> server hard disk?
> Thank you

Define "image"!

The Oracle documentation describing the creation of a Solaris 8 image
for a Solaris 8 container, uses flarcreate.

<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-2914/gftsv?a=view>

--
Chris

From: hadi motamedi on
> for a Solaris 8 container, uses flarcreate.
Thank you for your reply. Actually I need it for my qemu installation.
I received an hard disk image from Solaris2.6 installation that I
installed it on my qemu and it was successful. I have a working
Solaris8 on Sparc platform server that I need to make an image from
its hard disk for the qemu installation. Can you please confirm if the
output of 'flarcreate' is suitable for this purpose or another tools
are available on Solaris8 for this installation?