From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> "Peter Foldes"<bounce(a)bounce> wrote:
>> Tell me David. What was the purpose of this post of yours. Your whole post is
>> looking very strongly as Trolling
>
> It would be nice if all of you would re-title this post. It has never been
> about me, so I have no idea why my name is being dragged into it.

I originally said ........

Maybe someone like David Kaye has the experience to determine if a
machine *is* - actually - *clean* /after/ installing and running MBAM.

Someone, surely, has carried out an independent check to give such a
widely used facility a clean bill of health. Whilst MBAM is obviously
highly effective at removing 'malware' why is it considered impossible
for the downloaded software to leave its *own* gremlin within the
cleaned machine?

It seems my comment to this effect, on TRT's blog, resulted in my being
banned from the Malwarebytes forums!

Ref:-
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8261578886161919944&postID=2398537603557873401

Where I posted a comment, thus:-

"I have been researching malware for over four years now (as a user, not
a guru!) and I now wonder how sure one can be that Malwarebytes is run
by /good/ guys.

What a super ruse it would be - to clear a machine of everyone else's
'nasties' but then, perhaps, leave their own package installed on the
user's machine. No one would ever suspect, would they?

Cybercrime has risen exponentially since Malwarebytes was first founded
in 2004.
See: http://www.malwarebytes.org/about.php

It's probably just a coincidence, eh?!! ;-)

*****

Why a ban - when ridicule would have done? Hey!

--
Dave - have I ruffled feathers again?
From: Leo on
Stop your lies!

It has been clearly proven on Scorched Earth that you were banned at the Malwarebytes forums for posting an obscene photo.

--

LEO
Don't confuse having a career with having a life. They're not the same

From: David Kaye on
I guess I do have the expertise. A guy with a networking problem was doing
some research on Google and came across the various posts labeled "David Kaye"
and decided to write me back. We spoke on the phone. He operates a real
estate office in the SF area and needs some tech help. We came to some fair
terms and I'll be working on his project Wednesday.

They say that all publicity is good publicity. I'm not sure if that's true,
but I'm happy that he took a chance on me.

So, I guess I'm saying I don't care if you plaster my name all over Usenet.
It gets me business.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a long list of satisfied customers he
was able to check, too.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| I guess I do have the expertise. A guy with a networking problem was doing
| some research on Google and came across the various posts labeled "David Kaye"
| and decided to write me back. We spoke on the phone. He operates a real
| estate office in the SF area and needs some tech help. We came to some fair
| terms and I'll be working on his project Wednesday.

| They say that all publicity is good publicity. I'm not sure if that's true,
| but I'm happy that he took a chance on me.

| So, I guess I'm saying I don't care if you plaster my name all over Usenet.
| It gets me business.

| Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a long list of satisfied customers he
| was able to check, too.

:-)

--
Dave

From: ~BD~ on
David Kaye wrote:
> I guess I do have the expertise. A guy with a networking problem was doing
> some research on Google and came across the various posts labeled "David Kaye"
> and decided to write me back. We spoke on the phone. He operates a real
> estate office in the SF area and needs some tech help. We came to some fair
> terms and I'll be working on his project Wednesday.
>
> They say that all publicity is good publicity. I'm not sure if that's true,
> but I'm happy that he took a chance on me.
>
> So, I guess I'm saying I don't care if you plaster my name all over Usenet.
> It gets me business.
>
> Of course, it doesn't hurt that I have a long list of satisfied customers he
> was able to check, too.

David Kaye - it was a serious question! ;-)

Have you *ever* looked closely at an operating system - after it has
been declared *clean* by MBAM - to determine if there might still be
some malware resident on the machine?

My suspicion is that most folk would *never* delve further.

Always wonderin'!

--
Dave
 |  Next  |  Last