From: sl on
Just curious.

At this moment, has the C community gone to C# by and large, or still at
C/C++ (on windows) ?

Thanks.

From: Mikep on

"sl(a)my-rialto" <ecp_gen(a)my-rialto.com> wrote in message
> Just curious.
>
> At this moment, has the C community gone to C# by and large, or still at
> C/C++ (on windows) ?
>
> Thanks.

I'm doing both ---

mp

From: Arif Ali Saiyed on
On Jan 27, 9:44 am, "Mikep" <mi...(a)NOSPAMturboware.com> wrote:
> "sl(a)my-rialto" <ecp_...(a)my-rialto.com> wrote in message

> > Just curious.
>
> > At this moment, has the C community gone to C# by and large, or still at
> > C/C++ (on windows) ?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> I'm doing both ---
>
> mp

C++ is not dead in my organization we still use C++....because our
products are multi plateform ....it works on Windows/Mac/Linux

on personel front too, I am have not moved completely to ....I have
ported couple of modules to C++/CLI ...for ease in creating cool UI
From: Ulrich Eckhardt on
sl(a)my-rialto wrote:
> At this moment, has the C community gone to C# by and large, or still at
> C/C++ (on windows) ?

I'd say the C community has been leeched by the C++ community first, and
only die-hard low-level programmers were left, but those have little
choice. From C++, many people now move over to more abstract languages like
Java, C# but also "scripting languages" Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP.

I for one am stuck with C for a few low-level things for which only
assembler would be an alternative, mostly stick to C++ otherwise but know
how to easily extend things using Python. For a few things I have also used
Java and I'll probably be learning more C# in the future.

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH

From: Sprechen sie von C++ on
In my shop, C++ still has a lot over C# for many programs developed. PHP has
become popular for server side includes so I use it on my web sites. C# is
fine for that too but PHP is well supported and more widely used. Other
scripting languages are far less popular.

--
http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz