From: happyhacker on

I notice with our new disk SBS 2008 R2 that there is a virtual version.
What are the merits of a virtual install?

What would I do first considering I want RAID 1 (I have installed two
new 1Tbyte drives and configured the BIOS for RAID (mirrored)). Will the
RAID be first before whatever Virtual OS I put on?

HP ProLiant ML115 G5 (8GByte RAM).

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Being mean here, but teaching you to fish, maybe:

There are tons of articles about this in this forum and others, so I am not
inclined to repeat them. Searching here and in the other SBS forums is the
best way to get the information you request, and also on google or bing.
After that, if you have specific questions, please post them in the new
2008 forum.

Please note that this venue is due to be closed in a few days/weeks and you
will get much more attention in the new SBS Forum hosted by MS at the following
location.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/threads

You can either use your web browser, or if you prefer to use your existing
(or different) nntp news reader you can use one of the official MS bridge
applications, or the combined one on codeplex.com

Official MS Bridge - Note two required.
http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Codeplex nntp bridge - only one required.
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

-Larry