From: koolkat on
Has anyone seen it where you need to level twice? I mean I DO have a large
Project going on but still. So I Level once and only some of my resources
get levelled and all I have to do is level again and then the other get
completed.
From: JulieS on
Hello koolkat,

If you are allowing project to adjust individual assignments and you
have the option, "clear leveling values before leveling" you may
find that you solve one problem with one overallocated resource only
to cause another problem with another resource.

Check your settings and see if de-selecting "clear leveling values"
helps.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: koolkat on
ok I've discovered something...I can repeat this issue now.
Follow these steps to repeat
1) Start New Project
2) Set Level to Manual
3) Create Task 1 Resource "a", Date 12/10/09 to 12/19/09, priority 600
4) Create Task 2 Resource "a", Date 12/14/09 to 12/15/09, priority 500
5) Create Task 3 can be anything non-related
6) Delete Task 3
7) Now Manual Level
At this point my Task 2 does not move to after Task 1 as it should until I
Manual Level again. This seems to only occur after a deletion. Is this a
known bug?

From: JulieS on
Hello koolkat,

My comments are inline below.
Julie

> ok I've discovered something...I can repeat this issue now.
> Follow these steps to repeat
> 1) Start New Project

[Julie] Done. Project start date set to 12/10/09. Using calendar,
"Standard" with no motifications.

> 2) Set Level to Manual
> 3) Create Task 1 Resource "a", Date 12/10/09 to 12/19/09, priority
> 600

[Julie] 12/19 is a Sunday. What calendar are you using?

> 4) Create Task 2 Resource "a", Date 12/14/09 to 12/15/09, priority
> 500

[Julie] I am guessing you typed in a start date to force the task to
start on 12/14?

> 5) Create Task 3 can be anything non-related

[Julie] and Assign resource A?
> 6) Delete Task 3
> 7) Now Manual Level
> At this point my Task 2 does not move to after Task 1 as it should
> until I
> Manual Level again. This seems to only occur after a deletion.
> Is this a
> known bug?

[Julie] Sorry, I can't reproduce. When I choose Level Now, task 2
moves very nicely without the need to repeat. What other settings
in the Resource Leveling command do you have selected? What version
(including service pack) do you have installed?