From: DWilliams on
I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the
Resource Usage view. For example I have a text field for charge numbers that
are assigned to each task. I can view it in the Ghantt Chart. However,
when I go to the Resource Usage view and insert that text column the data
doesn't appear.
--
DJW
From: John on
In article <2A53FDE3-F008-4134-838C-268B567209F8(a)microsoft.com>,
DWilliams <DWilliams(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the
> Resource Usage view. For example I have a text field for charge numbers that
> are assigned to each task. I can view it in the Ghantt Chart. However,
> when I go to the Resource Usage view and insert that text column the data
> doesn't appear.

DWilliams,
What you see in the Gantt Chart view are task text fields. What you see
in the Resource Usage view are Resource and Assignment text fields. They
are all separate. Go to our MVP website at,
http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm, and take a look at FAQ 51 - Data
Types: Task Resource and Assignment.

John
Project MVP
From: Jim Aksel on
Hello DJW
Project stores information in three places: Tasks, Assignments, Resources.
It happens that each have their own customized fields. This means Text1 in
the Gantt view is actually a different variable than Text1 on the resource
sheet.

It takes a little bit of code to transfer the data between the two views and
it depends on your specific version of MS Project. You can read more about
it here:
http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm
Read FAQ#37
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

From: DWilliams on