From: Bill Needham on
1 workbook-54 sheets. One sheet per week. On that sheet I need a way to track
state mileage. 48 states. might be in a state 6 or 7 times and the all of the
other states I am in then a running total for each state each week.....
HELP!!!!!!!
--
Bill Needham
GSSComputers

From: Bill Needham on
tried the =INDEX(A2:B5,MATCH("AL",A2:B5,0),2) works great for one entry for a
state. When I enter more mileage for that state it only returns the fist
entry. I need it to total up the mileage for each state entry...
--
Bill Needham
GSSComputers

From: Bill Needham on
I selected cell area to insert "AL 145" then I simply put the next entry in
the next row below "OH 247". Then mabey an additional "AL 123" there in lies
the problem the field I have selected to show the total for "AL" only shows
the first entry in the range. Thanks again!!!
--
Bill Needham
GSSComputers

From: Joe User on
"Bill Needham" wrote:
> tried the =INDEX(A2:B5,MATCH("AL",A2:B5,0),2)
> works great for one entry for a state. When I enter
> more mileage for that state it only returns the fist entry.
> I need it to total up the mileage for each state entry.

I assume that A2:A5 contains the state and B2:B5 contains the mileage. Then
the sum would be:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5="AL"),B2:B5)

or

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A5="AL")*B2:B5)

I prefer the first form because it works even if some of B2:B5 contains
text, notably the null string ("").

From: Bill Needham on
Thanks I''l try that...
--