From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Alex <mysqlstudent(a)gmail.com>:
> >> Some non-spam messages have Received headers, but they are always
> >> internal non-routable addresses. The majority of the messages have no
> >> Received headers at all.
> > Check your header_checks file for IGNORE rules.
>
> Ah, thanks very much. I should have known to check for something like that.
>
> Why would someone add something like this?
>
> /^(R|r)eceived:.*in.*$/ IGNORE
> /^(M|m)essage-(I|i)d:.*in.*$/ IGNORE

Because he/she doesn't know regexp
Shorter:

/^Received:.*in/
/^Message-Id:.*in/

This is SUPPOSED to throw away Received: and Message-Id: Headers
containing "in".

Of course it's utterly suboptimal and probably even incorrectly
implemented.

> ritten to the message, what use does this have? Strip any
> non-internal headers for privacy, perhaps?

Yes. Lousy job.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin