From: Arthur Titeica on
Hello.

I'm trying to "convince" Postfix to send mail only thru a specific
interface/IP address (only one would be nice, many but not all would be
better).

- inet_interfaces isn't suited for the job as it seems to be for
"The network interface addresses that this mail system receives mail
on" [1]

- I've tried setting in master.cf something like:

192.168.1.110:smtp inet n - - - 30
smtpd

but that doesn't do it either (it seems it's for the receiving part
too).

At the same I'd need to have postfix smtp listen on all interfaces.

Any other ideas please?

[1] http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#inet_interfaces

--
Arthur Titeica

From: Walter Pinto on
smtp_bind_address = x.x.x.x

From: Mihira Fernando on
On 08/06/2010 01:00 AM, Arthur Titeica wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to "convince" Postfix to send mail only thru a specific
> interface/IP address (only one would be nice, many but not all would
> be better).
>
> - inet_interfaces isn't suited for the job as it seems to be for
> "The network interface addresses that this mail system receives mail
> on" [1]
>
> - I've tried setting in master.cf something like:
>
> 192.168.1.110:smtp inet n - - - 30
> smtpd
>
> but that doesn't do it either (it seems it's for the receiving part too).
>
> At the same I'd need to have postfix smtp listen on all interfaces.
>
> Any other ideas please?
>

> [1] http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#inet_interfaces
>
> --
> Arthur Titeica

use smtp_bind_address in either main.cf or master.cf
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_bind_address

From: Arthur Titeica on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:33:07 -0700, Walter Pinto <walter(a)amhosting.com>
wrote:
> smtp_bind_address = x.x.x.x

I knew I forgot something :)

I've tried that in master.cf in the form

smtp inet n - - - 30 smtpd
-o smtp_bind_address=94.62.132.84
-o smtp_bind_address6=2001:4d18:0:5::6a

It didn't seem to solve anything because mails were still going out
thru the "unwanted" interface.

Am I missing something?

--
Arthur Titeica

From: Walter Pinto on
inet_interfaces - contols which IP addresses that Postfix listens on.

smtp_bind_address - specifies which IP address to send email from.

That's all I know