From: Brandon Rampersad on
What's wrong with asking if PHP supports threading?

--
A Brandon_R Production
From: Dan Joseph on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brandon Rampersad <brandon.add.on(a)gmail.com
> wrote:

> What's wrong with asking if PHP supports threading?

Nothing? PHP itself does not. You can check out fork though. I've never
personally used it with PHP, but I did for a Perl project years ago. I
guess it worked ok.

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.pcntl-fork.php

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Brandon Rampersad
> <brandon.add.on(a)gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with asking if PHP supports threading?
> >

> Nothing? PHP itself does not. You can check out fork though. I've
> never
> personally used it with PHP, but I did for a Perl project years ago. I
> guess it worked ok.
>
> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.pcntl-fork.php
>
> --
> -Dan Joseph
>
> www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.
> Promo
> Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order
>
> http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
> http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry

Keep in mind that's only applicable on Linux & Unix OSes, including Mac/Apple since Apple OS is based on BSD and other Unix implementations.

From: David McGlone on
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:21 -0400, Brandon Rampersad wrote:
> What's wrong with asking if PHP supports threading?

Nothing really, I was just kidding.

From: Dan Joseph on
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:21 -0400, Brandon Rampersad wrote:
> > What's wrong with asking if PHP supports threading?
>
> Nothing really, I was just kidding.

lol.. I didn't see your email where you said not to ask