From: "Bruce Martin" on
Dear Cédric:

I understand your idea, and see its merit, but more in context with Europe
than North America.

There has been, to my knowledge, always a deep-seated difference in the
personal attitudes of Europeans versus North Americans in regard to
communications, interpersonal relations and thence applied to computing
which may limit the ad hoc acceptance of such an idea on this side of the
pond more than you may be expecting. This I find very unfortunate, but such
has seemed the case since the days of DOS.

While there are those here, who, like myself, p[refer to think "out of the
box" first, then look inside, they are a minority and too often not
respected.

Therefore, as a marketer, your greatest challenge here would be to "sell" a
much more open mentality to millions of North Americans.

If you take an analytic look at the interactions of the battles U.S.
President Barack Obama is fighting, you may understand yourself the
underlying commonalities of your challenge and his.

In Canada, the scene may be a bit more docile, but, rhetorically, is it
really any more pro-active?

Best regards,

Bruce Martin
Quebec, Canada.