From: Alexandro Colorado on
On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Jake Morrison
<viperbattlefield(a)hotmail.com>wrote:

> Is it possible for the development of an app for Palm webOS to happen?
> It's in serious need of a Doc Editor and I love OpenOffice [image: Smile
> emoticon]

OOo is written in 50+ million lines of C++ and Java code with a broad API
with many services and interfaces, webos apps are relatively small apps
builted on Javascript. So the changes of engineering OOo to be rebuilted on
Javascript are very slim simply because the app is just too big.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español
From: David Evans on
How about a server-side version in PHP ?

> d=gmail.com; s=gamma;

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Alexandro Colorado on
you are free to port it in any language, the code is there. But I
think it will be challenging.

From: jonathon on
On 06/06/2010 11:41 PM, Jake Morrison wrote:
> Is it possible for the development of an app for Palm webOS to happen?

Porting OOo to Palm WebOS is possible, but not commercially viable.

jonathon
--
Non-list email sent to this email address is forwarded to Dave Null, unread.
From: David Evans on
It seems that there is demand for ooo on small devices such as
phones, palmtops, the internet but due to the size of ooo this is not
practicable.

Perhaps there could be a place for popular aspects to be tailored to
these devices if a concensus of users came up with a sensible list eg
* spreadsheet with limited size and range of functionality
* simple drawing capability - the psion had one!
* simple document writer