From: Dee on
Can you post what to try here? I'm having the same problem while trying to
run Windows Update on Windows XP.

Thanks,
Dee

From: down&out on
Sorry for the late reply!
Amazingly, the windows update worked when I tried just now! Usually, it
won't proceed further after showing a green bar appearing to check for any
latest updates for my computer. However, it prompted me to download something
(sorry I did not note it down!) this time. I did and the update proceeded
smoothly after that.

Robert, THANKS A MILLION for taking your time to reply!
Sorry Dee, I know I'm not helping out much here. Hope that the update will
work for you soon!

Cheers,
down&out

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "down&out" <downout(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks jschurbon and Robert Aldwinckle for helping!
> >
> > To jschurbon: mine is running on Windows XP Professional. The error occured
> > when I tried to run an express (or custom) windows update.
> >
> > To Robert Aldwinckle: context as in?
>

> (repost)
>
> >> such as would be provided by the update's install log.
>
> Note: you haven't even disclosed yet which update is giving
> you this symptom so I can't really be more specific than that.
> However, usually the update's install log will contain the update
> number and have an extension of .log.
>

> > I managed to get a list of started
> > services with what you taught me to do and what can I find out from there?
>

> Either post that list so others can tell you if you are missing some
> or look for other posts which describe problems being resolved
> by starting (or repairing) missing services. Remember, we're just
> guessing that a missing or broken service is likely to account for
> the (vague) symptom description you are giving us.
>
> I suspect something more specific to suggest could become apparent
> from seeing more details from your update's install log.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert
> ---

First  |  Prev  |