From: AES on
If you want to confirm that your data is all still there (and maybe get
at some of it), boot the v-deo-less Mac in Target Disk mode and view it
as an external Firewire HD from another Mac (or has someone already
suggested that? -- apologies if this went by me).
From: SpreadTooThin on
On Jul 26, 10:28 am, SpreadTooThin <bjobrie...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Opened up the lid and all there was was a black screen.
> Tried a reboot.  No Luck.
> Tried to reset PRAM.  No Luck.
> Tried to ssh into the system... No Luck.. (Not enabled)
> Tried to ftp in.. Success... File system is intact and the OS appears
> to be running without video.  Good!
> but what now?
> I wanted to 'remote desktop' in but that isn't enabled...
> I was hoping someone might tell me how I can enable ssh/rdc using only
> ftp...
> there has to be a config file somewhere I can modify by ftp.
>
> TIA...
> B.
>
> By the way I think this is a common problem with the video chip set in
> my laptop.. no?

Seems that the memory card was loose... Reseating it fixed the
issue...