From: ric on

Jolly Roger wrote:

> On 2006-10-11 21:21:00 -0500, Davoud <star(a)sky.net> said:
>
> > If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it.
> > Flames won't be read.
> >
> > The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
> > "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
> > Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
> > selected below, and then click OK."
> >
> > But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP 2
> > is built into the OS.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Davoud
>
> The best place to go to help with Parallels is http://forums.parallels.com.
>
> --
> JR

weird. parallels doesn't need SP2, so that sounds like something
you've either done to Windows yourself, or you've got a bad burn and
it's moaning it can't find particular files - never seen that dialogue
before on a win install though. Stick the windows CD in and in the
dialogue box click OK and "browse" when you get the option and point it
at the I386 folder on the CD. If that doesn't work, try slipstreaming
SP2 into your windows CD if you haven't already.

ric

From: Mike Rosenberg on
Davoud <star(a)sky.net> wrote:

> Flames won't be read.

Wouldn't you have to read them first to determine that they're flames?

--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml> Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml> Mostly muckraking T-shirts
From: Clever Monkey on
Davoud wrote:
> If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it.
> Flames won't be read.
>
> The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
> "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
> Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
> selected below, and then click OK."
>
> But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP 2
> is built into the OS.

The last time I did stuff with an XP installer I recall that at least
one release of "XP SP 2" had 2 CDs on one DVD image. This might just
because we get the MSDN version.
From: Davoud on
Davoud wrote:
> > Flames won't be read.

Mike Rosenberg:
> Wouldn't you have to read them first to determine that they're flames?

Nah. I can /feel/ the heat.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com