From: Davoud on
If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it.
Flames won't be read.

The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
"Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
selected below, and then click OK."

But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP 2
is built into the OS.

Thanks!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
From: Steven de Mena on

"Davoud" <star(a)sky.net> wrote in message
> If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it.
> Flames won't be read.
>
> The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
> "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
> Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
> selected below, and then click OK."
>
> But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP 2
> is built into the OS.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Davoud

There is an SP2 CD you can download, if needed.

Have you tried to insert he Windows XP with SP2 CD and point it to the
i386 folder on there?

Steve

From: Davoud on
<steve(a)stevedemena.com> wrote:

Davoud:
> > If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore it.
> > Flames won't be read.
> >
> > The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
> > "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
> > Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
> > selected below, and then click OK."
> >
> > But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP 2
> > is built into the OS.

Steven de Mena
> There is an SP2 CD you can download, if needed.

I guess I'll have to try that.

> Have you tried to insert he Windows XP with SP2 CD and point it to the
> i386 folder on there?

Yes. Nothing happened -- the dialogue box remained open and waiting.

Many thanks for taking time to reply.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
From: Steven de Mena on

> <steve(a)stevedemena.com> wrote:
>
> Davoud:
>> > If you consider this to be a Windows-only question, please ignore
>> > it.
>> > Flames won't be read.
>> >
>> > The installation is well along and I have a dialogue box that says
>> > "Some files on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD are
>> > needed.
>> > Insert Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD into the drive
>> > selected below, and then click OK."
>> >
>> > But there is no SP 2 CD, is there? The MS package indicates that SP
>> > 2
>> > is built into the OS.
>
> Steven de Mena
>> There is an SP2 CD you can download, if needed.
>
> I guess I'll have to try that.
>
>> Have you tried to insert he Windows XP with SP2 CD and point it to
>> the
>> i386 folder on there?
>
> Yes. Nothing happened -- the dialogue box remained open and waiting.
>
> Many thanks for taking time to reply.
>
> Davoud
>
> --
> usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Good Luck. MSDN has the ISO image for the SP2 CD but all I could see in
the general "Downloads" section was an EXE to put SP2 in a folder, and
an option to "Order" the SP2 CD. You probably want to try and find
"en_winxp_sp2.iso" somewhere.

Steve

From: Jolly Roger on

The best place to go to help with Parallels is http://forums.parallels.com.