From: Roger Mills on
Just been trying to connect my new Skypephone S2 to my laptop, to try out
mobile BB with it.

AIUI, on first connection, it's supposed to install the relevant drivers
automatically - presumably using data stored in the phone's memory? Well, it
didn't seem to want to do that - and kept coming up with the New Hardware
Found wizard, and asking to connect to the internet(!) to find the drivers.
I expected to be able to see the phone as an external USB drive in 'My
Computer', but couldn't.

Anyway, I reconnected my domestic BB to the laptop so that it *could* access
the internet - and it seems to have downloaded and installed something or
other *BUT* now - whenever the phone is connected - I get a BSOD (blue
screen of death) with some (very fleeting!) message about BAD_POOL_HEADER -
and an immediate re-boot!

Help! Anyone seem anything similar or - better still - know how to fix it?

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Roger

From: Steve Terry on
"Roger Mills" <watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Just been trying to connect my new Skypephone S2 to my laptop, to try out
> mobile BB with it.
>
> AIUI, on first connection, it's supposed to install the relevant drivers
> automatically - presumably using data stored in the phone's memory? Well,
> it didn't seem to want to do that - and kept coming up with the New
> Hardware Found wizard, and asking to connect to the internet(!) to find
> the drivers. I expected to be able to see the phone as an external USB
> drive in 'My Computer', but couldn't.
>
> Anyway, I reconnected my domestic BB to the laptop so that it *could*
> access the internet - and it seems to have downloaded and installed
> something or other *BUT* now - whenever the phone is connected - I get a
> BSOD (blue screen of death) with some (very fleeting!) message about
> BAD_POOL_HEADER - and an immediate re-boot!
>
> Help! Anyone seem anything similar or - better still - know how to fix it?

What OS?
My guess is Win7, many have had trouble using the S2 software with it.

Try F8 into safe mode, delete the software, and set a restore point

Steve Terry
--
Get a free Three 3pay Sim with �2 bonus after �10 top up
http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276

From: Graham. on

"Roger Mills" <watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message news:7pnajbFucvU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Just been trying to connect my new Skypephone S2 to my laptop, to try out mobile BB with it.
>
> AIUI, on first connection, it's supposed to install the relevant drivers automatically - presumably using data stored in the
> phone's memory? Well, it didn't seem to want to do that - and kept coming up with the New Hardware Found wizard, and asking to
> connect to the internet(!) to find the drivers. I expected to be able to see the phone as an external USB drive in 'My Computer',
> but couldn't.
>
> Anyway, I reconnected my domestic BB to the laptop so that it *could* access the internet - and it seems to have downloaded and
> installed something or other *BUT* now - whenever the phone is connected - I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with some (very
> fleeting!) message about BAD_POOL_HEADER - and an immediate re-boot!
>
> Help! Anyone seem anything similar or - better still - know how to fix it?

What operating system is on the laptop Roger?
The invitation to search the Internet for the driver is a bit of a Microsoft
joke especially when the driver is on the mass storage device you have
just plugged in which is probably the case for the S2 so I always decline
the invitation (never known a driver to be successfully found by this means
anyway)

I'll borrow my sons S2 and cable and see what gets installed.
Watch this space.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

From: Roger Mills on
Steve Terry <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote:

> "Roger Mills" <watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Just been trying to connect my new Skypephone S2 to my laptop, to
>> try out mobile BB with it.
>>
>> AIUI, on first connection, it's supposed to install the relevant
>> drivers automatically - presumably using data stored in the phone's
>> memory? Well, it didn't seem to want to do that - and kept coming up
>> with the New Hardware Found wizard, and asking to connect to the
>> internet(!) to find the drivers. I expected to be able to see the
>> phone as an external USB drive in 'My Computer', but couldn't.
>>
>> Anyway, I reconnected my domestic BB to the laptop so that it *could*
>> access the internet - and it seems to have downloaded and installed
>> something or other *BUT* now - whenever the phone is connected - I
>> get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with some (very fleeting!) message
>> about BAD_POOL_HEADER - and an immediate re-boot!
>>
>> Help! Anyone seem anything similar or - better still - know how to
>> fix it?
> What OS?
> My guess is Win7, many have had trouble using the S2 software with it.
>
> Try F8 into safe mode, delete the software, and set a restore point
>
> Steve Terry

Sorry - should have said - it's XP SP2. I've restored to laptop to a
previous restore point (didn't need safe mode, 'cos it only crashed with the
phone connected) and am attempting to re-install it.

UPDATE:
I got to the same point, where it was asking to connect to the internet, and
decided to have a look (on another PC) at the CD which came with the phone -
and found that it appeared to have USB drivers etc. on. I duly transferred
it to the laptop and pointed the installation wizard at it (several times -
once for each element) - and it seemed to be going ok until it finally
crashed with a BSOD again!

I re-started the laptop with the phone disconnected, and it again seemed ok.
I then connected the phone, and watched while it found various bits of new
hardware, USB modem, S2 phone, etc. - but as soon as it got to USB Mass
Storage Device it crashed with the usual BSOD.

Any ideas?
--
Cheers,
Roger

From: Roger Mills on
Graham. <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

> "Roger Mills" <watt.tyler(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Just been trying to connect my new Skypephone S2 to my laptop, to
>> try out mobile BB with it. AIUI, on first connection, it's supposed to
>> install the relevant
>> drivers automatically - presumably using data stored in the phone's
>> memory? Well, it didn't seem to want to do that - and kept coming up
>> with the New Hardware Found wizard, and asking to connect to the
>> internet(!) to find the drivers. I expected to be able to see the
>> phone as an external USB drive in 'My Computer', but couldn't. Anyway, I
>> reconnected my domestic BB to the laptop so that it
>> *could* access the internet - and it seems to have downloaded and
>> installed something or other *BUT* now - whenever the phone is
>> connected - I get a BSOD (blue screen of death) with some (very
>> fleeting!) message about BAD_POOL_HEADER - and an immediate re-boot!
>>
>> Help! Anyone seem anything similar or - better still - know how to
>> fix it?
>
> What operating system is on the laptop Roger?
> The invitation to search the Internet for the driver is a bit of a
> Microsoft joke especially when the driver is on the mass storage device
> you have
> just plugged in which is probably the case for the S2 so I always
> decline the invitation (never known a driver to be successfully found by
> this
> means anyway)
>
> I'll borrow my sons S2 and cable and see what gets installed.
> Watch this space.

Ta! Meanwhile, please see my most recent update.
--
Cheers,
Roger