From: hmsteiner on
In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with 10 digit numbers that need
to be changed to a telephone number with dashes. Can anyone help?
From: T. Valko on
Use a custom number format of 000-000-0000

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Joe User on
"hmsteiner" wrote:
Subject: Help converting a 10 digit number 2223334444 to 222-333-4444
> In MS Excel (2007) I have a very long column with
> 10 digit numbers that need to be changed to a
> telephone number with dashes.

If you just want to change the appearance, try a Custom format like
000-000-0000.

If you want to change the cell contents to text, try enter
=TEXT(A1,"000-000-0000") into some cell, copy, and paste-special-value back
to A1.

PS: In the future, please copy details in the Subject line into the body of
your message. Some NG readers do not display the entire subject line, in
particular the MS Discussion Groups interface that you use.

Pages: 1
Prev: excel formula
Next: Same problem.