From: Salad on
I created an app from a template. It appears VBA isn't desired like a
macro. In form Main of the Issues project the macro had something like
If IsNull(CurrentWebUser(0)) then
Stop Macro
Endif

I'd highlight CurrentWebUser and hit F1 and get nothing.

Searching for CurrentWebUser got nothing.

How does one get help topics on some new topics in A2010?

From: Albert D. Kallal on
"Salad" <oil(a)vinegar.com> wrote in message
>I created an app from a template. It appears VBA isn't desired like a
>macro. In form Main of the Issues project the macro had something like
> If IsNull(CurrentWebUser(0)) then
> Stop Macro
> Endif
>
> I'd highlight CurrentWebUser and hit F1 and get nothing.
>
> Searching for CurrentWebUser got nothing.
>
> How does one get help topics on some new topics in A2010?

It is a beta....

Download the help file here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2baf54a3-bbde-4cb8-b0e6-19005939db6a

And, there is a hsx viewer here:

http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer.htm

You can use:

if currentproject.IsWeb = True then
bla bala bal

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Salad on
Albert D. Kallal wrote:

> "Salad" <oil(a)vinegar.com> wrote in message
>
>>I created an app from a template. It appears VBA isn't desired like a
>>macro. In form Main of the Issues project the macro had something like
>>If IsNull(CurrentWebUser(0)) then
>>Stop Macro
>>Endif
>>
>>I'd highlight CurrentWebUser and hit F1 and get nothing.
>>
>>Searching for CurrentWebUser got nothing.
>>
>>How does one get help topics on some new topics in A2010?
>

> It is a beta....
>
> Download the help file here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2baf54a3-bbde-4cb8-b0e6-19005939db6a
>
> And, there is a hsx viewer here:
>
> http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer.htm
>

> You can use:
>
> if currentproject.IsWeb = True then
> bla bala bal

Thanks for those links. When I was in the MacroBuilder I'd enter
IsNull(Cur and there'd be a dropdown with CurrentWebUser but no way to
determine it's significance.

I'm impressed with how quick A2010 loads and responds. Seems impressive.

Any "learning" sites you'd recommend?
From: Salad on
Albert D. Kallal wrote:
> "Salad" <oil(a)vinegar.com> wrote in message
>
>>I created an app from a template. It appears VBA isn't desired like a
>>macro. In form Main of the Issues project the macro had something like
>>If IsNull(CurrentWebUser(0)) then
>>Stop Macro
>>Endif
>>
>>I'd highlight CurrentWebUser and hit F1 and get nothing.
>>
>>Searching for CurrentWebUser got nothing.
>>
>>How does one get help topics on some new topics in A2010?
>

> It is a beta....
>
> Download the help file here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2baf54a3-bbde-4cb8-b0e6-19005939db6a
>
> And, there is a hsx viewer here:
>
> http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer.htm
>

> You can use:
>
> if currentproject.IsWeb = True then
> bla bala bal

Hmmm...I downloaded the help files you provided the link to. I
installed them in the 1033 folder under Office14...I don't know if that
is right. I still can't get the help file to recognize a
property/method like CurrentWebUser to find out what it does, what its
purpose is. I guess I am so used to highlighting a word and pressing F1
to get help.

I am usure what the hsx viewer is or how it works. Does the help files
work external from the application or can they be used inside the
application?
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"Salad" <oil(a)vinegar.com> wrote in message

> I am usure what the hsx viewer is or how it works. Does the help files
> work external from the application or can they be used inside the
> application?

The help is not yet working in that beta. I would not send you on a wild
goose chase to waste your time here...

That help file for me un-zips to c:\office 2010 developer
resources\developer references\

So, you need to launch some hsx viewer. You should be able to view that hsx
file with visual stupid..but, I don't have those bits on my testing box for
2010...

Anyway, when you launch that viewer, just dismiss the startup dialog (use
close), then go file->open file, and browse to the above folder with the hsx
file.