From: Bob Alston on
Ok I got the Access 2010 beta. found I must have the database in Access
2007 format in order to be able to see the share to Sharepoint option
and thereby get to the validation routine to see if it is compatible
with Sharepoint. It wasn't.

Three types of errors:

Fields with characters not allowed (: ? $ ........)

Relationships defined in the normal access method
"http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/download-office-professional-plus/default.aspx"

Cannot use composite indexes

Anyone who has been testing in the earlier test have suggestions for how
to most easily fix these?

IN the compatible issues table result, the field "Issue Type ID" has
coded hotlinks such as AccWeb10701 but the hot link fails

Bob
From: Salad on
Bob Alston wrote:

> Ok I got the Access 2010 beta. found I must have the database in Access
> 2007 format in order to be able to see the share to Sharepoint option
> and thereby get to the validation routine to see if it is compatible
> with Sharepoint. It wasn't.

Thanks Bob for posting the Offic 2010 Dl site.

Could you provide further clafification on your statement above. What
do you mean...compatible with sharepoint? Or see the share?

> Three types of errors:
>
> Fields with characters not allowed (: ? $ ........)

That seems fine. One can use those chars in a label.

> Relationships defined in the normal access method
> "http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/download-office-professional-plus/default.aspx"

Could you clarify?

> Cannot use composite indexes

When is there a need for a composite index?

From: Bob Alston on
Salad wrote:
> Bob Alston wrote:
>
>> Ok I got the Access 2010 beta. found I must have the database in
>> Access 2007 format in order to be able to see the share to Sharepoint
>> option and thereby get to the validation routine to see if it is
>> compatible with Sharepoint. It wasn't.
>
> Thanks Bob for posting the Offic 2010 Dl site.
>
> Could you provide further clafification on your statement above. What
> do you mean...compatible with sharepoint? Or see the share?

To publish an Access database to Sharepoint, there are requirements that
must be met.

One requirement that the database be in Access 2007 format.

Another is that certain things are not allowed, such as the items I
mentioned in my original posting.

HTH

Bob
From: Salad on
Bob Alston wrote:

> Salad wrote:
>
>> Bob Alston wrote:
>>
>>> Ok I got the Access 2010 beta. found I must have the database in
>>> Access 2007 format in order to be able to see the share to Sharepoint
>>> option and thereby get to the validation routine to see if it is
>>> compatible with Sharepoint. It wasn't.
>>

>> Thanks Bob for posting the Offic 2010 Dl site.
>>
>> Could you provide further clafification on your statement above. What
>> do you mean...compatible with sharepoint? Or see the share?
>>

> To publish an Access database to Sharepoint, there are requirements that
> must be met.
>
> One requirement that the database be in Access 2007 format.

Would that be a problem? One can link to a SharePoint table with A2003.

> Another is that certain things are not allowed, such as the items I
> mentioned in my original posting.

But the first and third appeared to be extremely minor. I didn't
understand the relationships issue you mentioned. Are the relationships
set in the Sharepoint site or in the Access app or neither? Is there a
new way to define relationships?

From: Bob Alston on
Salad wrote:
> Bob Alston wrote:
>
>> Salad wrote:

>>> Thanks Bob for posting the Offic 2010 Dl site.
>>>
>>> Could you provide further clafification on your statement above.
>>> What do you mean...compatible with sharepoint? Or see the share?
>>>

>> To publish an Access database to Sharepoint, there are requirements
>> that must be met.
>>
>> One requirement that the database be in Access 2007 format.
>
> Would that be a problem? One can link to a SharePoint table with A2003.
>

>> Another is that certain things are not allowed, such as the items I
>> mentioned in my original posting.
>
> But the first and third appeared to be extremely minor. I didn't
> understand the relationships issue you mentioned. Are the relationships
> set in the Sharepoint site or in the Access app or neither? Is there a
> new way to define relationships?
>

>> HTH
>>
>> Bob
I really cannot yet answer your questions. I can just post questions I
have.

In using Access 2010 beta, I had to have the database in Access 2007
format for the "publish to Sharepoint" option to become active. I have
no idea how this works in older versions of Access.

Bob
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Keeping A Citrix Session Alive?