From: Laura on
I have demographic information captured in a demographic table(5 categories
of ages - 24 to 34, 35 to 44, 45 to 54, etc., 5 categories of educational
level - high school, some college, etc., 5 categories of household income
level - under 25K, 26 to 50K, etc., 5 ethnic groups - caucasian, asian, etc.)
I have one field for age, one field for educ. level, one for ethnic group and
one for hh income within my demographic table. Drop-down boxes hold the
various values for EACH of these fields (see above).

I have several courses for which I need to show registrations (from my
registration table). I've grouped the report to break registration
information down by course (ENGL102, etc). For each course, I want to show
the TOTAL number of people whose age value is 24 to 34 (in the age field in
my demo table), TOTAL number of people ages 44 to 45, etc. and do this for
all of my demographic information (educ. level, ethnic group, hh income). I
can't figure out how to do this?! If I group it by age and try to count, it
gives me a total count on number of registrations BUT I want it broken down
(say 10 registrations, 3 of them are in 24 to 34 age range, 3 are in next age
range, etc.). So...I want to be able to count the number of people in each
choice within my demographic categories. Any help would be appreciated!!
From: Duane Hookom on
I would use subreports based on totals queries. Set the Link Master/Child
properties to the Course primary key field.

If you need more direction, please come back with your significant table and
field names.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Laura" wrote:

> I have demographic information captured in a demographic table(5 categories
> of ages - 24 to 34, 35 to 44, 45 to 54, etc., 5 categories of educational
> level - high school, some college, etc., 5 categories of household income
> level - under 25K, 26 to 50K, etc., 5 ethnic groups - caucasian, asian, etc.)
> I have one field for age, one field for educ. level, one for ethnic group and
> one for hh income within my demographic table. Drop-down boxes hold the
> various values for EACH of these fields (see above).
>
> I have several courses for which I need to show registrations (from my
> registration table). I've grouped the report to break registration
> information down by course (ENGL102, etc). For each course, I want to show
> the TOTAL number of people whose age value is 24 to 34 (in the age field in
> my demo table), TOTAL number of people ages 44 to 45, etc. and do this for
> all of my demographic information (educ. level, ethnic group, hh income). I
> can't figure out how to do this?! If I group it by age and try to count, it
> gives me a total count on number of registrations BUT I want it broken down
> (say 10 registrations, 3 of them are in 24 to 34 age range, 3 are in next age
> range, etc.). So...I want to be able to count the number of people in each
> choice within my demographic categories. Any help would be appreciated!!

Pages: 1
Prev: Crosstab Report
Next: Update Report