From: Mathias on

Hi Venkataramana,

Yes you will need a setup project to deploy a VSTO add-in, and as Bob
said earlier, this isn't the most pleasant part of the process. The
following walk-through from MSDN describes how to do it for a 2003+2007
add-in, this should give you a good idea of where to start:

'Deploying Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Office System SE Solutions
Using Windows Installer: Walkthroughs (Part 2 of 2)'
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332052.aspx)

(I will add a post on creating a setup later but I just didn't have time
yet)

As for why it installed on your development machine without admin
privileges, this is an interesting question. VSTO projects get installed
locally so that you can debug them, but I am not sure about the question
of the privileges!

Cheers,

Mathias

'