From: Ricky on
Hi All

I have a question and I hope this is the place where I will get the
answer. There are so many experienced and knowledgeable persons here.
I have a code consist of 2 file one is sasmacr.sas7bcat and another is
runner.sas. Later one is...

option mstored mlogic mprint symbolgen sasmstore=PLIB;
LIBNAME PLIB "C:\test";

%getfromexcel("C:\test\File1.xls", one);
%getfromexcel("C:\test\File2.xls", two);

%comp(one, two, , );

Now I want to see the code for these 2 macros (getfromexcel and comp),
I don't know where they are written, I think that they are in
sasmacr.sas7bcat file. I don't know what file is that and how to open
that. Please help me.

Thank You in advance
Ricky

From: niraj on
Hey man open your sas autoexec or sasconfig and look for these macro or
a %include which must have included the name of the sas program that
has this macro.

thanks

From: "Fehd, Ronald J" on
> From: Ricky
> option mstored mlogic mprint symbolgen sasmstore=PLIB;
> LIBNAME PLIB "C:\test";
>
> %getfromexcel("C:\test\File1.xls", one);
> %getfromexcel("C:\test\File2.xls", two);
>
> %comp(one, two, , );
>
> Now I want to see the code for these 2 macros (getfromexcel and comp),
> I don't know where they are written, I think that they are in
> sasmacr.sas7bcat file. I don't know what file is that and how to open
> that. Please help me.

you will not be able to 'open' the SAS macro catalog
SASmacr.sas7bcat.

you can view the list of macros in the catalog with:

Proc Catalog catalog = %sysfunc(getoption(SASmStore)).SASmacr;
contents;
;quit;
run;

unless these macros were compiled and stored with the
v9.1 option source
%Macro X(...
)/ store source
;
you will not be able to retrieve the code of the macro.

you may be satisfied to view the code generated by using:
options mprint;

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Tutorials
A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf