From: Simple Twist on
I have a job that ran last fall, reading a MySQL database with a
libname statement and Proc SQL. Now it won't run. To simply things, I
can generate the error using just the dbprompt= on the libname
statement.

Running proc catalog and proc nickname both show that the MySQL and
ODBC engines are installed. This is 9.1.3, SP3, on Win32 (XP SP2). The
MySQL 3.51 ODBC driver is installed (and reinstalled) and
test-connects without fail. MySQL Administrator and Query Browser also
connect without problems. The database is remote to this machine.
These facts lead me to believe this isn't a firewall or
username/password issue, particularly since the dbprompt= fails before
requesting either.
Job line:
libname dummy mysql dbprompt=yes;
Log:
ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to MYSQL cannot be loaded. The SASMYL
code appendage could not be loaded.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.
Proc Catalog snippet:
48 MYSQL ENGINE 2 28JUL2004:20:36:57 28JUL2004:20:36:57
SAS/ACCESS Interface
to MySQL
49 ODBC ENGINE 2 28JUL2004:20:36:57 28JUL2004:20:36:57
SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC
Proc Nickname snippet:
P M MYSQL SASIOMYL ENG 7 SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL
P M ODBC SASIOODB ENG 7 SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC
P OLAP SASEOLAP ENG 9 SQL Passthru Engine for OLAP
P M OLEDB SASIOOLE ENG 7 SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB

Any pointers welcomed. This is quite frustrating.